Respected Contributor

Re: Cell Phone Etiquette: Am I in the "Dark Ages"?

TO BE CONTINUED .....

The man is a pr^(k.

I'M GONNA MESS WITH HIM GOOD.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@123SuzyQ123

I personally don't get this type of rudeness, and I do not sit silently by if someone I have planned to meet, does this to me. If it bothers them that I spoke up? They won't get a 2nd chance for a repeat.

hckynut(john)

He's a jerk.  I AM GONNA "FIX" HIM.   HE WON'T GET A 2ND CHANCE. 

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  This sounds extreme!  Hope you'll just calm down and back off.  Life's way too short to get this upset about something so trivail.  Be cool.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HckyJohn, you are right.  There were a few more mature people on their phones, but what I saw was mostly 30's and 40's looking folks that day.  And I did end up mentioning it to my son as we ended our day together, but as I mentioned, he had a work problem and a couple other things that came up, but he did apologize. 

But I agree with what you said, it is all ages, not just younger working folks who are in love with their cell phones!! LOL

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

TO BE CONTINUED .....

The man is a pr^(k.

I'M GONNA MESS WITH HIM GOOD.

It's a terrible idea to pick a fight with a neighbor.  Please reconsider for your own convenience.  I have a neighbor who I've always liked but who takes offense at nothing and can be vindictive.  She took offense at nothing years ago and I just ignored her hostility.  I ran into her in the supermarket a couple of weeks ago and we had a nice talk.  I'm not sure whether she's still mad at me (it would be crazy if she were), but I'm glad I don't have to cringe when I meet her.  Just seethe in private until your anger subsides.  It is not worth the drama of fighting with a neighbor unless they are breaking into your house or poisoning your dog.

Why was "Happy Valentine's Day" offensive, BTW?  I don't get it.  It's no different from Merry Christmas or such.

Respected Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Why was "Happy Valentine's Day" offensive, BTW?  I don't get it.  It's no different from Merry Christmas or such.

It is, if you'd been married for 40 years and your husband (and other friends & family members) died in the last 18 months.

IMHO, totally inconsiderate and inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

It is, if you'd been married for 40 years and your husband (and other friends & family members) died in the last 18 months.

IMHO, totally inconsiderate and inappropriate.

I see how that would hurt.  He might not have realized.  He might have been saying that and just repeated it to you.  It's not worth your emotional energy.

Esteemed Contributor

Whoa! You are wasting too much time and energy obsessing about a person that you only see occasionally.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a good one:  I was at the dentist and a patient had her cell on speaker phone, for the entire waiting room to hear both sides of her conversation. Unbelievable. 

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Here's a good one:  I was at the dentist and a patient had her cell on speaker phone, for the entire waiting room to hear both sides of her conversation. Unbelievable. 

U MUST be kidding!!  Disgusting!