Esteemed Contributor

betteb wrote:

kittymom, Kitty is her name. A few months after my mom's Fluffy passed at 18, I rescued Kitty for my mom. She named her Miss Kitty, which fits, she has the cattitude, but it quickly got shortened to Kitty. When my mom passed, Kitty came to live with me. She has been a blessing as we grieved together, she has been a great comfort.

The picture of Dante was taken right after a good belly rub. He is old and has diabetes, so everyday is a blessing. My sister rescued him as a tiny kitten, maybe 4 weeks old, near drowned in a rain filled ditch. That was 19 years ago. 

I love seeing pics of everyone's beautiful fur babies and I love hearing their special stories.

petting-kitty.gif

Betteb, there are so many special stories about all our furbabies, aren't there?  I can't believe Dante is 19 - my kitties passed away at 13, 16, and Baby Cat at 17.  My Missie is 8.  One of my little poodles, Sugar, that was the "growth on my hip" lived to be 18, and was still acting like a puppy until she got sick and we had to let her go a couple of months later.  I always thought cats lived longer than dogs and less health problems, but so far that hasn't been the case with mine.  

Anyway, now it's just Missie - it's been over 20 years since I only had one animal in the house, and I think she's lonesome.  I'm not sure I'm ready to adopt another one yet, though you never know!  We've either found them or they've found me, so who knows what the future will bring! Happy Kitten animated emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like cats too- they are crazy and beautiful- but I like that I can take my dogs everywhere and they are literally my buddies, my partners in crime. lol

I love doggie kisses, especially when they know I'm sad.

And how they look up at me with those big loving eyes like I'm the best thing in the world to them

And how they love to lay with me on the couch and snuggle.

I just love everything about them.

Kitty does this too. She is my constant companion, and since I've been sick, she has firmly attached herself so my hip. She's not one of those cats that goes off and hides. Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I've had some great cats in my life and some that wanted nothing to do with me except when it was dinner time, lol, and one that actually hunted me down in my own home and terrorized me. No kidding. Something was seriously wrong with that cat, lol. Now I have my hands busy with so many dogs and animal rescues that having cats too would be too much. I really do love all animals.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

kittymom, Kitty is her name. A few months after my mom's Fluffy passed at 18, I rescued Kitty for my mom. She named her Miss Kitty, which fits, she has the cattitude, but it quickly got shortened to Kitty. When my mom passed, Kitty came to live with me. She has been a blessing as we grieved together, she has been a great comfort.

The picture of Dante was taken right after a good belly rub. He is old and has diabetes, so everyday is a blessing. My sister rescued him as a tiny kitten, maybe 4 weeks old, near drowned in a rain filled ditch. That was 19 years ago. 

I love seeing pics of everyone's beautiful fur babies and I love hearing their special stories.

petting-kitty.gif

Betteb, there are so many special stories about all our furbabies, aren't there?  I can't believe Dante is 19 - my kitties passed away at 13, 16, and Baby Cat at 17.  My Missie is 8.  One of my little poodles, Sugar, that was the "growth on my hip" lived to be 18, and was still acting like a puppy until she got sick and we had to let her go a couple of months later.  I always thought cats lived longer than dogs and less health problems, but so far that hasn't been the case with mine.  

Anyway, now it's just Missie - it's been over 20 years since I only had one animal in the house, and I think she's lonesome.  I'm not sure I'm ready to adopt another one yet, though you never know!  We've either found them or they've found me, so who knows what the future will bring! Happy Kitten animated emoticon

I highly recommend you try a kitten. At one time, my only cat was an aging sliver long haired Tom and I brought home a little girl Tortie. That cat looked at me and looked at the kitten, then back at me as if to say "Why did you bring me this?" Then, he reached out with one big paw, pinned her down and started "baffing" her. They were friends from the start. 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like cats too- they are crazy and beautiful- but I like that I can take my dogs everywhere and they are literally my buddies, my partners in crime. lol

I love doggie kisses, especially when they know I'm sad.

And how they look up at me with those big loving eyes like I'm the best thing in the world to them

And how they love to lay with me on the couch and snuggle.

I just love everything about them.

@HappyDaze, here are kitty licks from mine: kitty-hugs.gif   HS92836dancingkawaiianimals.gif

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze tell us about your pups. Got any pics?

Kitty had a Golden Lab for a sister when she lived with my mom. 

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Here is a cat "news" story-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/09/cat-running-for-president_n_7764144.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

That's so funny!! Thanks for sharing that, I love it!

cute kitty.jpg Limberbutt McCubbins for president 2016

Honored Contributor

Good morning all!! DH now has an appt with doctor today-- I called and as I called, a cancellation came in!

Contractor is here installing a PVC railing to front walkway here in khaki color. I'm doing laundry and sipping coffee-- its going to be a warm day here.

Staying inside for the most part with A/C.

Yesterday cleaned the A/C's electrostatic filter of the dust. I do this monthly during its operation.

That's all I got. Woman Happy

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon and Happy Monday

We have a sunny day...yaaaaaaaaay

Hubby's car is at the body shop, waiting for the adjuster to "total it." 

The youngest' eye drops will be $250.00 with insurance - called doctor to ask if there is a less expensive alternative.

..and all is well.

I hope everyone is having a good and pain free Monday..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow