Honored Contributor

Re: Can Both Of You Fold The Sheets???

@hckynutjohn 

I fold because I have several sets in rotation.  Folded sheets take much less room.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

I have almost been a "use it, clean it" guy. My mom taught me this decades ago. When I use a plate to eat and drink a glass of milk? When I get finished I wash and dry them. Same with any utensils used to prepare what I eat.

When living along many years of my life, I had at most 2 sets of sheets. Most often I took them off, washed a dried them, and back on the bed. 

My wife is pretty much the opposite of me. When she is gone on a Pet Sitting Job, no dishes are added into the dishwasher. When she is home? Use a spoon once, into the dishwasher, same with a plate.

I prefer my way as opposed to hers. Takes only a few minutes, and leaves no mess lying around.  Thanks for your sharing your why of the sheets, makes sense to me.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

It really does not matter if sheets are that neatly folded to me or SO.  It's not like they are on display - just on  a closet shelf!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must be the odd one out. I lay the fitted sheet on the bed, double it and tuck the the fitted corners from one side into the others. Then I smoothe each side inward to form a neat rectangle. From there, I fold into a large square and done.

The flat sheet is folded into the same size so linen closet looks organized. I'm also nuts about pillowcases and always iron those. I like the smooth look like in a hotel.

I used to use fabric softener which made the entire process easier, but read it breaks down fabrics, so a dryer sheet is used.

***BTW, DH makes the bed each Sunday. He's so particular about it, I said "OK, you do it".

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It really does not matter if sheets are that neatly folded to me or SO.  It's not like they are on display - just on  a closet shelf!

@Pook   I'm a little OCD about how organizing my closets even if I just see them. My walk in pantry needs to have cerals, pastas, etc. in glass containers and most other items are lined up in order....potatoes/onions in baskets, etc.  

I could never find anything in there if not organized that way.

Honored Contributor

My husband doesn't even know how to turn the washing machine or oven on.

I have showed him once or twice but it went in one ear and eye and out the other.

He's in trouble if I go first.

Respected Contributor

This has never come up in our conversations. I do the laundry, so I fold both sheets.
I have eight sets of sheets, so if I didn't fold them, they wouldn't fit in the linen closet. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do the laundry and fold the sheets myself.  Once in awhile DH will help me out with it.......it is funny though, he actually folds neater than I do, LOL!

Honored Contributor

Personally, I just roll the bottom sheet in a ball....then fold the top sheet. 

Valued Contributor

My husband can't even fold a t-shirt, but it's amazing how he can fold a fitted sheet. Unbelievable. I think it's because he is tall.