Honored Contributor

So happy ALL involved w/ rain, flooding, etc. are OK.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG You live in a very very beautiful area!  One of my favorites!

@Kachina624 It is breath taking to come in to Albuquerque from the east at night!  All those lights in the bowl!  

Way back in 1967 we stayed in some round motel I think there.  I remember the wind making a whistling sound.  I thought the whole thing was so exotic!  

Although I have been back there several times, not there in a long time!  

@Sooner   Yes, it's rather spectacular if you come from the East on I-40 through Tijeras Canyon.  All of a sudden you break out of the canyon and the city is laid out before you.

It rains in the mountains right on the East edge of town, the water rushes down in arroyos into the city where they're cement-lined and fenced to keep people out.  However, street people, often drug addicts, break through the fences and sit on the slopping sides under the bridges.  Water rushes down very suddenly with great force and sweeps them away.  They say you can't stay on your feet in 4" of water it's rushing so fast.  It was up to 10' deep recently.

The first thing parents here teach their children is to stay out of the arroyos. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG You live in a very very beautiful area!  One of my favorites!

@Kachina624 It is breath taking to come in to Albuquerque from the east at night!  All those lights in the bowl!  

Way back in 1967 we stayed in some round motel I think there.  I remember the wind making a whistling sound.  I thought the whole thing was so exotic!  

Although I have been back there several times, not there in a long time!  

@Sooner 

If you're not to far away, "leaf season" is the same time as the big Guild craft show at the civic center.  It's quite a visual treat!

You can also go to Chimney Rock Park where you can see 5 states.  DH was there yesterday.

Top 8 Ways to See Fall Color in North Carolina Like Never Before

I've already taken off, you can bet!Smiley Happy

@ECBG I don't see us traveling again, but have been to Ashville and Biltmore many times, up and down Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive many times, and often in the autumn and even on the Parkway in the dark--some big bird nearly flew in the car!  We have watchen the sunset from up there!

We had a night tour of Biltmore one December in the snow and it was magical!  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Your roan sounds lovely.  We stopped riding about 2 1/2 years ago when DH's horse threw him and shattered his femur.  Decided we were too old to take those risks anymore.  But we love being out here in the "wilds" while we can.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.