Honored Contributor

Re: Boy, do I miss socializing

I miss my daughter and son-in-law.

We have a grand nephew that is supposed to be baptized soon and have decided that if it's going to be a group of babies like they used to do, we will not be attending that.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@chrystaltree :   Nice to see you again on the boards.  I had wondered how you were doing.

@Hoovermom @chrystaltree  I agree. Nice to see you back!

Super Contributor

It's so important to get out and be with people! I am fortunate to have a couple of friends that I have been taking walks with throughout this pandemic, and we've had friends over in our yard with chairs 6 feet apart many times. I couldn't live in isolation. I have even visited with a family member in her 90s, we just had to sit 6 feet apart outside. 

I would really encourage people to adapt the way you do things rather than hiding out in your house. The health benefits of fresh air and socialization are necessary! 

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

It's so important to get out and be with people! I am fortunate to have a couple of friends that I have been taking walks with throughout this pandemic, and we've had friends over in our yard with chairs 6 feet apart many times. I couldn't live in isolation. I have even visited with a family member in her 90s, we just had to sit 6 feet apart outside. 

I would really encourage people to adapt the way you do things rather than hiding out in your house. The health benefits of fresh air and socialization are necessary! 

@PreKteacher . I agree. We were never told to hide in our house. In the beginning we were encouraged to go outside walk, exercise, run,etc. Then gradually it became more. Socialize! If you don't want to wear masks, just don't sit on top of one another. We have been with family, husband meets his friends at the clubs a few times a week. Stores and restaurants are open. I don't feel confined at all.

Honored Contributor

I'm feeling a lot of concern for all of you, and frankly, a lot of concern for myself.

DH and I were poster kids for Covid prevention until very recently,and now I feel my self confidence for plain old life activities just oozing away to nothing.

On the plus side I've been sleeping MUCH better than previously.

Both DH and I are going to try a very mild mood lifting medication. I know we both definitely need them.

I'm also planning to drive somewhere EVERY SINGLE DAY until I feel more comfortable behind the wheel again, as I did before the lock down.

I DID get to our local outdoor Mass yesterday, and also received Communion. Baby Steps.......

Respected Contributor

I don't miss it at all, but then I've always been a bit anti social lol.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think of this as half living.  It is beginning to get to me now.  I really miss the summer events and socializing.  I miss friends.  We had a death in the family too.  My dear uncle.  The last of my mother's siblings, the last of their generation.  He lived in NC and we are all in MA, RI and ME.  All in our 50's and 60's and we are  very careful.  We certainly don't travel out of New Engand.  We watched the funeral online.  We spoke with his wife via Skype.  We were all sitting in our own homes and it just left me feeling empty.  I'm also thinking out Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Entertaining in very small groups.    

@chrystaltree Good to see you posting again! 

I do small get togethers while we can dine outdoors for now. I've only left PA to go to the Jersey shore a few times and we are done going this year...it was a bit too crowded last time.

I just don't know what to expect for the holidays but I think it will probably just be the immediate family this year.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla So very sorry for your loss my Dear.

Just wanted to say, I figured retirement after a very active teaching career would be close what is happening now.  After all, lunch out everyday would become monotonous eventually, which lead me into retail using what I taught and I have loved it!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Our little day trip got cancelled the other day,  it's no big deal, but it did make me a bit down.  So I got busy here.  

It will be good when we can as a nation get a handle on it and get back some of what we once had.