Honored Contributor

Have A Beautiful Sunday Flowers Quote Pictures, Photos, and Images for  Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Good morning beautiful friends!  Happy Sunday!  Sunday is my favorite day of the week.  It seems that our weather forecasters can chat up the weather as much as they want but only the Lord knows for sure.  We have been forcasted with a lot of rain but it never comes.  Storms, they don't come.  We actually need rain but it will come when it comes.  I feel blessed that we aren't getting the weather that the midwest is getting.  

I've mentioned chores that need to get done but they aren't done until I let you know.  I did get holes drilled in my flower pots with a roto zip saw that I bought years ago to cut in a straight line.  It did everything but cut a straight line.  I've tried to give it away many times thinking it was useless.  But low and behold, it sure drilled drain holes in those pots.  Then, a tip that I found on line, putting pine cones at the bottoms of the pots to act as pot fillers to save on the potting soil.  Me and Junior walked the back yard with the reachers and a bucket and gathered a lot of pine cones.  I got the root bound flower planted and watered.  It is done.  Three small pots and three small flowers to plant today.  I hope to report back later, other stuff that I get done.  Junior makes wonderful company for me out there.  And the swing calls me.

I wish all of you a wonderful Sunday, with love, peace and rest.  God Bless you!  Much love!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Image result for prayer for safety in bad weather | Prayer for safety, Bad  weather quotes, Weather quotes

Amen

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Sunday Images, Wishes, Greetings & GIFs

Honored Contributor

Cat Praying Posters & Prints | Zazzle

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not to much today

finally got wash out on the lines

don't know if they will dry

ULTRA humid today a little breeze but it is only minor.

I will never forget in the early days of dh military career, the massive apartment complex i was living at was ALL MILITARY families i am going to guess at least 1000 families in this huge complex (you lived 6 feet apart in the town house apartments a row of 6-8-10 townhouses and then 6 feet and you would get another row of town homes. There were a few families who lost their loved ones aboard ships. I can't remember the logistic or cause but believe me,when word got out so-n-so on such-n-such block was killed  you just stopped in your track and said a prayer that your spouse would make it home safely.

other than that, all is quiet. ok guys later.

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning friends!   It's a beautiful but humid day, going to 85. When on our first walk at 7 we passed a house where bacon was cooking. Just as I smelled it Snickers looked at me sniffing the air. Then she started walking faster. I told her we would have eggs today and she trotted even faster. 
     Bluebirds are busy catching worms and keeping watch. 
My son works Sundays from 1-5 and I'll go to his house for a Panara salad. He has a get one free coupon. 
   Plow & hearth has a Memorial Day sale , 20% off this weekend I need the canned spray for metal lawn stakes and spinners. I'll go today or tomorrow. 
    Tomorrow will be rain and storms, take care all in their way!

🌞🥓🍳🐶🐾🚶🏻‍♀️🥗 🇺🇸

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

really not to much today

finally got wash out on the lines

don't know if they will dry

ULTRA humid today a little breeze but it is only minor.

I will never forget in the early days of dh military career, the massive apartment complex i was living at was ALL MILITARY families i am going to guess at least 1000 families in this huge complex (you lived 6 feet apart in the town house apartments a row of 6-8-10 townhouses and then 6 feet and you would get another row of town homes. There were a few families who lost their loved ones aboard ships. I can't remember the logistic or cause but believe me,when word got out so-n-so on such-n-such block was killed  you just stopped in your track and said a prayer that your spouse would make it home safely.

other than that, all is quiet. ok guys later.

@viva923 &all     We only stayed in Military quarters when we were in Germany and made many friends there. Temporary quarters were maids quarters in the old German housing. A small living-dining area, kitchen ,huge marble bathroom and 6 small bedrooms. Fourth floor. 
   For exercise my Siamese kitten would chase a balled up piece of paper down the hall to bedrooms. A neighbor told me she heard rats in my apartment. I told her it was the cat. 
   Permanent quarters were better in third floor, but we were only there 9 months as he was deployed to Vietnam.

I returned home to an apartment and he went to Ft Benning where after months he was told he was promoted out of that position so after 8 months there he volunteered and left when my son was 7 days old. He knew he would go anyhow and I was settled in the apartment. 
  That was his first tour. Military wives always dreaded seeing two officers coming to their door to announce a death even in those apartments. 
   His last post was in Tennessee and he was an assistance officer informing families of deceased. He retired after that because he would have had a third tour. His second one was so bad with Inspector General and he had missed two years with his son. Also I was afraid he wouldn't return.  
  I just read the book,  the Wives, about special forces type of deployments and it was interesting. Similar to the TV show Army wives. But it will change with more technology, drones, computers, those people deploying. 
   This Memorial Day and others I always remember his deceased and injured friends who gave all for their Country.

🇺🇸 🪖 🥾 🪦💔

Honored Contributor

We are going to a BBQ/potluck a bit later this afternoon.  Throw in karoake and it is a fun time.  We so enjoy being with our group of friends.  I made a black bean salad.  Usually I make mac and cheese and it was requested by some guests.  But, the couple hosting this are on weight loss plans and have been very successful that we decided to take the black bean salad.  It has black beans, corn, yellow pepper, green pepper, red pepper, onion, salt and pepper.  The dressing is olive oil and red wine vinegar.  It's a lot like Texas caviar that you eat with tortilla chips.  Jason bought some chips just in case someone wants to eat it that way.  Jason and I are also taking some of the ingredients for Bloody Marys and shrimp and crab with cocktail sauce.

Wishing you all a great day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Skies Ahead

[ Edited ]

@Sassy7356 wrote:

We are going to a BBQ/potluck a bit later this afternoon.  Throw in karoake and it is a fun time.  We so enjoy being with our group of friends.  I made a black bean salad.  Usually I make mac and cheese and it was requested by some guests.  But, the couple hosting this are on weight loss plans and have been very successful that we decided to take the black bean salad.  It has black beans, corn, yellow pepper, green pepper, red pepper, onion, salt and pepper.  The dressing is olive oil and red wine vinegar.  It's a lot like Texas caviar that you eat with tortilla chips.  Jason bought some chips just in case someone wants to eat it that way.  Jason and I are also taking some of the ingredients for Bloody Marys and shrimp and crab with cocktail sauce.

Wishing you all a great day.

@Sassy7356 , your black bean salad sounds delicious.  I am going to make it for us, using black eyes peas.  Smiley Happy

I hope your evening has been wonderful. 

389648ff2d441bafe73593b445c0d7d6.jpg

Honored Contributor

5d8fcd441669c4467d28021385a39ddf.jpg