Trusted Contributor

On the west coast in So Cal, it's in the 70's and we're dealing with the Santa Ana winds and danger of wildfires, some areas have had large trees uprooted and falling on homes destroying them. Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

Stay Save & Stay Warm. Hope your power stays on. No fun when it goes out while it's so cold.

Glad we don't get snow here like that.

We did get 1" of snow Weds but it's already melted since the sun came out today finally.

It has been cold here. We now have sun with a warm up thru Tues. Weds we go back into the Igloo. LOL!!!

Our whole winter has been like this.

Valued Contributor

I am in Northern VA and they are calling for 2-4" of snow this time (we got a foot of snow from the Jan 3rd storm that stranded motoritst on 95).

It did start snowing around 2:30, just looked out office window and it has finally started sticking to grass but road is just wet but temp has now dropped to 33 and it was 44 when I got to office at 11:45).

Respected Contributor

Wow chrystaltree. I don't see many people on here from ri. I'm in ri. Cranston. If you don't mind me asking. What part of Ria are you in?  If you don't want to say where you live I totally understand. Good luck with this storm everyone.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree sounds like a great plan.if it were me,I would put on my cozy pajamas and robe,maybe some white wine,and watch mothernature do her thing

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I am in the Midwest also.we are expecting snow next Wed into thurs.unfortunatly,I have bosses that don't understand if you can't come into work,due to snow,ice,ect.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I am in the Midwest also.we are expecting snow next Wed into thurs.unfortunatly,I have bosses that don't understand if you can't come into work,due to snow,ice,ect.

@Luvsmyfam  I just read on FB that our Library is closed tomorrow due to the weather. I don't know if that's the job of yours you are referring to.

Respected Contributor

I thought you were somewhere near New England.  It looks like they will get the brunt of it, unfortunately.  I was hearing that they love skiing but you have to like that.

Anyway, I'm in the NY metro area and we are in the 4 to 7 inch range.  It looks like tomorrow afternoon it'll be out of here but north of me won't be clear of it until much later.

We're under winter storm warning but yeah, you guys are in blizzard warning. 

Right now it's 7:30pm and since I get up at 4:30am it's bed time but just like the night before Hurricane Ida did serious damage to our house, I'm afraid to close my eyes.  I'm exhausted.  I am a worrier and prepared the best way I know how.

May the Good Lord watch over you, chrystaltree and everyone in the warnings areas.  Good night...God bless...

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Wow chrystaltree. I don't see many people on here from ri. I'm in ri. Cranston. If you don't mind me asking. What part of Ria are you in?  If you don't want to say where you live I totally understand. Good luck with this storm everyone.

@Pooky1   I think it's @LindaSal who is in RI according to the earlier post.

Respected Contributor

BTDT. Here on So. Maine coast there will be flooding as well down at the beaches. Over a foot of snow, Winds up to 45 mph. Going to be a good one.  Businesses have already anounced they won't be opening on Saturday. Parking bans in effect. Police saying stay off the roads and let the plow drivers do their job.   Started up the snowblower, shovels are inside our door, filled the cars with gas, got 2- 5 gallon buckets of sand/salt from our town DPW.  Wood for the stove is stacked down cellar. Have all the food and drink we need. Didn't run out to the grocery store. didn't need anything. Hubby is making Chili as I am typing for tomorrow's dinner. We go through this every year so it is proceed as usual for us. I do love a good storm. Always have. Watching from the kitchen windows Mother Natures fury. And when it is done, then comes the clean up!  Don't mind shoveling, hubby does the snow blowing.  Stay safe and off the roads all that are in the storms path.