Honored Contributor

Re: Birth announcement Question

@esmerelda wrote:

@luvzchiz wrote:

@Kitty Galore   I tend to be a giver, especially at the birth of a baby.  Usually I send a card with a check if the family is far away. If I am going to see the baby, I’ll bring a gift.  

With so much heartbreak in the world, I like to celebrate something so wonderful as a new life which brings promise for the future. 

Keep in mind...the people bringing heartbreak to the world were once babies with promise for the future.

@esmerelda.  As were the ones not bringing heartbreak to the world but bringing the opposite. Please keep that in mind. Not everyone is evil. And what does this have to do with a baby gift?????

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I was responding to what @luvzchiz said. Please direct your question to her. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I was responding to what @luvzchiz said. Please direct your question to her. 

@esmerelda.  I was responding to your response to luvzchiz. Why would I respond to her for something you said? 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda.  I was responding to your response to luvzchiz. Why would I respond to her for something you said? 

@proudlyfromNJ You asked what it had to do with baby gifts. I told you how it got in the conversation. If you don’t get it, I can’t explain it to you. Now… I’ve asked before and I will ask again… Will you please get off my back?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ You asked what it had to do with baby gifts. I told you how it got in the conversation. If you don’t get it, I can’t explain it to you. Now… I’ve asked before and I will ask again… Will you please get off my back?

@esmerelda.  I don’t recall you asking before. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  Maybe it was deleted. Will once be enough?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

thank you All for your replies and great suggestions and opinions,  I appreciate it.   The babies grandmother is one if my dearest oldest friends and we do see each other often,  once a month or so.    In fact just went out to dinner with our husbands a couple weeks ago to celebrate our bday's which are a week apart.     She has shared photos through texts and emails since the baby was born and I'm sure she told her daughter that.  I guess I just wasn't sure why the birth announcement when I of course already knew the little girl was born,  my friend called me the day after she was.  I have decided to give my friend a little gift to give her when she goes down to visit next. 

@Kitty Galore   I think it was nice for you to receive the announcement.  I don't think it is a gift grab at all.

I'm sure your friend is brimming with happiness and delight regarding the wee one.

I also think it is very nice of you to get a little gift.

You enjoy your friendship and are happy for your friend.  Your heart is in the right place.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@Kitty Galore  That is such an individual decision, but if you and your friend are really good friends and you've known her since the 3rd grade,  I personally would send a gift.  It's a gift that celebrates your friend's joy and your happiness for her.

I had the SAME THING happen about 5 years ago.  My girlfriend since the 7th grade (we were best friends for many many years) let me know that her son, whom I never met (she has lived in a different State since we were in our early 20s) had a baby.....  her first grandchild.   I was THRILLED for her, and sent a gift.  My friend was so appreciative.

@nyc1  Her friend isn't the one who had the baby.  Her friend was letting her know that she'd become a grandmother (again?). 

@Kitty Galore  Send a gift if you want to.  But if it was me, I'd send one celebrating the grandmother...there are little gift books and other clutter extolling the joys of being a grandmother. 

A gift for the child of a person she's never met?  Seriously???

YES, @esmerelda , I'm well aware of that.  I think if you reread my post you'll see that I was in the same position when my girlfriend's SON had a baby.   Again,  it's an individual decision, and I was so HAPPY for my GIRLFRIEND becoming a grandma, that I chose to send a gift.