Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for October 2022

Honored Contributor

May be an image of toy and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text that says 'Happy Wednesday T The skylark's dream Posted by October 12'

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean 

@geezerette 

I popped into my local Meijers yesterday to pick up a Sweetest Day card and I stopped by the pharmacy to ask if they had the Moderna bivalent booster in stock.  I was happy to hear they have it and will schedule my booster apppointment.

Moderna kicked my butt and caused some crazy skin reactions every stinken time, especially that last one (4th in total but considered second booster).  I figure stick with Moderna like the enemy you know versus the enemy you don't.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Epicurean 

@geezerette 

I popped into my local Meijers yesterday to pick up a Sweetest Day card and I stopped by the pharmacy to ask if they had the Moderna bivalent booster in stock.  I was happy to hear they have it and will schedule my booster apppointment.

Moderna kicked my butt and caused some crazy skin reactions every stinken time, especially that last one (4th in total but considered second booster).  I figure stick with Moderna like the enemy you know versus the enemy you don't.  

@Bird mama 

I've had Pfizer for all mine, and specifically went to the one local pharmacy in my small town that carries that brand for this last booster because I've had little or no reaction to all the shots.  I've heard several people have had more side effects from Moderna than Pfizer, including my sister.  She just got the Pfizer booster last week because that was all her Kroger pharmacy had left.  Other than a sore arm, she had no problems with it.  It might be because the dosage is different.🤷‍♀️

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hello all

I have had moderna for all covid shots, got that bi shot a couple weeks or so ago, it kicked me around the block for a few hours,had to stay close to the bathroom,within 24 hours was near normal, dh has had no reaction to any of the shots, we both had sore arms for a few days.

not much else today, later guys

Honored Contributor

Oooh thanks so much for letting us, mostly me, know about your experience @viva923   If you can remember that far back, was this new booster the same as the last boosters for you or more like what you felt when you got the first 2 shots in the series.  

Honored Contributor

I made the mistake of channel surfing yesterday and landing on a channel that was running back to back Hoarders episodes.  I watched 2 hour episdoes in a row and thought I was going to need a nerve pill to get to sleep.  Upon reflection...did these therapists and organizers really think they were going to come into a house and help someone that is mentally ill see the light in 2 days.

Suffice it to say, I just reorganized the master bedroom closet and am looking for things to throw out/donate.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   I was just looking into the bivalent booster last night.  I have had three shots, and wonder if I can get the bivalent without having had the fourth booster, if you know.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

You are very right in sticking with what you have had in the past. My oldest son was taking the Pfizer and then a couple of weeks ago he when to Moderna and he got really sick. 

Now, my doctor told me to stick with Pfizer since that's what I've been receiving and I've had no real issues except for a tender arm for a couple of days. 

So, I think there is something to the thought of sticking with what you have had in the past.

I had my flu vac on Saturday and had no real reaction to that either. Thank goodness. I have enough other things to deal with.

@Bird mama wrote:

@Epicurean 

@geezerette