Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

@hellie jo wrote:

Hello all. Still waiting for results. It has been long enough and I am going to call next week. I should not have too. They must know people are anxious. 

Now for the good news. ALL of my children will be here tomorrow to celebrate my birthday and Mothers Day. It"s hard to get them all together. And I will be turning 39 again! haha.

May you all have a nice weekend. I pray for all who have health issues.Heart

@hellie jo Happy Birthday Wishes Images - Posts | Facebook

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and nature

Screech Owls,  one of my favorites.   Miss having them nest in the hollows of some of my black walnut trees.  Love hearing their many calls at night.  🦉💗🦉

Honored Contributor

May be an image of food and text that says 'WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BIRD FLU AND SWINE FLU? ONE REQUIRES TWEETMENT AND THE OTHER REQUIRES OINKMENT.'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND: TO ALL MOMS, GRANNIES, GREAT GRANNIES, STEP MOMS, FOSTER MOMS, PET MOMS AND THOSE WHO LOST THEIR MOMS. MOMS ARE PRICELESS!'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Wishing you Happy a Weekend Wishing you you all a great weekend, filled with smiles, happiness and all the good things in life. Pass it on.. Written and Created bg Dav ÛH Hedges.© Wisdomtoinsprethesoul.com'

Honored Contributor

May be art of bird, nature and tree

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower, body of water and text that says 'Good Morning Have a Great Saturday Enjoy your Weekend.'

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo  I've been in that stressful place waiting for biopsy reports.  Is tomorrow your birthday?  I keep a spreadsheet of the poster's birthdays that share the month and day because I can't keep track of family birthdays - I got a spreadsheet taped to the inside of the kitchen cabinet door for that too.  

I'm glad that all of your children will gather to celebrate you arriving on the planet and you being their mother.  Heart.   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I can see the birds in the photo @possummink  I noticed this week that I'm going through seed a bit faster than I have been.  Everybody is hungry and working on finding partners and making babies.  In years past I used to hear the first faint chirps of baby sparrows in my bird houses around Mother's Day.  I'm not hearing anything yet and I think they may have been delayed by the chilly weather.  I haven't seen the groundhog in a couple of day so I don't know if GG moved on or isn't feeling well.  I was hoping GG would get to work on the dandelions Woman Frustrated  I may have to pluck some and then drop some weed killer in the hole for the front yard.  I don't want to be the only front yard on my side of the street with lots of dandelions.

I'm less worried about the backyard right now.  I miss my rabbits.  They were my landscapers and took care of most of the dandelions.  Ever since that guy down the street moved in years ago and turned his cats Oliver and Oscar out, the bunnies stopped coming.

Honored Contributor

@possummink  Unless it's a congenital anomaly, Bobtail should be growing new tail feathers in no time.  Birds bodies are like nature, they abhor a vacuum.  A differed crew of pigeons swung by to eat in the evening yesterday.  I was feeling so good about all of the visiting pigeons managing to keep their toes over winter until this group showed up.  Two male pigeons have messed up feet.  Actually, the first one is missing his right foot.  It appears to have healed beautifully.  The other one has a new string foot injury.  These string foot injuries send me up one wall and down the other - easy to correct if you can catch the bird and of course I can't catch the bird.  The string is wrapped on that one's foot in such a way that his middle toe is bent under which means when he hobbles around to get food he scrapes and bloodies the toe. It's only gonna get worse until the toe or entire foot falls off and that makes me cry in the meantime.