Honored Contributor

Bird's Nest for May 2022

[ Edited ]

Welcome friends old and new to the Bird's Nest for May 2022.  This month is peak migration time in Michigan. Warblers and thrushes begin to arrive the first week, and most reach their peak mid-month. 

Cool mornings early in the month will often find Baltimore orioles

Baltimore Oriole Overview, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

visiting hummingbird feeders. 

Kirtland’s warblers

Kirtland's Warbler Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of  Ornithology

arrive on average around May 10 and begin singing actively by about May 15.  Flycatchers and cuckoos arrive later in the month, along with some of the later arriving warblers, particularly Connecticut warbler. 

Connecticut Warbler Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of  Ornithology

Loons and waterfowl continue to migrate along the Great Lakes, especially in the Upper Peninsula. 

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest for May 2022

HellieJo posted an update today:

‎05-01-2022 12:05 PM

I wish I had some good news,but they could not get the entire mass out.Now I will have to have surgery and remove more of my colon. I am a high risk due to all my health issues,but that mass has to come out.The doctors office will call next week for an appoint to talk about the surgery.In the meantime I just hang in there.Of course I will keep you all updated.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.I really am grateful for your support.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo  Were they trying to get the mass out with a less invasive type of surgery like a biopsy?  I'm disappointed for you that you have to undergo another surgery so soon after the one you had on Friday.  We're here for you for the long haul sweetie Heart

Honored Contributor

hello to all

quiet here

clouding up rain expected in later

on humid side,

not much wind

did not hang o ut today.

not much else going on for now,later all

Trusted Contributor

hellie jo,so sorry your surgery didn't work out. Hope the next one is successful. Keep us posted,we're still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers 

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo 

I'm sorry to hear that you'll have to undergo further invasive surgery.  Just what you didn't want to hear, I'm sure.

Continued good thoughts and prayers...❤️🙏

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@viva923   ironing almost seems like a lost arm to many people out there.  I always say, you don't have to be rich or wear fancy clothes.  Just press your clothes and keep your shoes clean.

@Bird mama   I havn't ironed in thirty years, always hated it, made me perspire, and by the time I got around to the other side of something, what I had ironed was still wrinkled.  My then cats knocked the iron to the floor and broke it, I gave them a reward, LOL, never bought another iron.  I now steam, works perfectly.

My Mother even ironed the top half of the top sheet, pillow cases, etc., etc., even ironed Christmas ribbon that she saved from year to year.  I guess one likes what they are successful at, I was a failure at ironing, though I did iron as my Mother did for many years, until I realized, 'who need this,"LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

HellieJo posted an update today:

‎05-01-2022 12:05 PM

I wish I had some good news,but they could not get the entire mass out.Now I will have to have surgery and remove more of my colon. I am a high risk due to all my health issues,but that mass has to come out.The doctors office will call next week for an appoint to talk about the surgery.In the meantime I just hang in there.Of course I will keep you all updated.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.I really am grateful for your support.

@hellie jo   I am sorry to hear this, and am hoping that the next surgery will be the last and successful.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:
@Bird mama wrote:

@viva923   ironing almost seems like a lost arm to many people out there.  I always say, you don't have to be rich or wear fancy clothes.  Just press your clothes and keep your shoes clean.

@Bird mama   I havn't ironed in thirty years, always hated it, made me perspire, and by the time I got around to the other side of something, what I had ironed was still wrinkled.  My then cats knocked the iron to the floor and broke it, I gave them a reward, LOL, never bought another iron.  I now steam, works perfectly.

My Mother even ironed the top half of the top sheet, pillow cases, etc., etc., even ironed Christmas ribbon that she saved from year to year.  I guess one likes what they are successful at, I was a failure at ironing, though I did iron as my Mother did for many years, until I realized, 'who need this,"LOL!

@mousiegirl 

I iron my clothes.  I don't iron my sheets, but I do iron my pillowcases!

I like to iron, and I like to at least start out with neat clothes.  (I'm usually a mess by the end of the day.😄)