Esteemed Contributor

FB_IMG_1717093521754.jpg

Honored Contributor

🥲 Thank you and not just today, everydaySmiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@magicmoodz  That is so true, I will always remember when I was diagnosed with breast cancer I had to get some things from Walmart, when I left home and even after I got to Walmart and was shopping I was fine and all of a sudden I had a complete melt down and a nice young lady just gave me a hug and we had a talk I told her what was going on and I pulled myself together. Kindness does go a long way.

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl Aw, that was kind. I kind sort of relate. I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer in 2017. Because my DH died in 2009 my dear BIL took me to all my medical "stuff." We were at the area where we had to schedule a whole bunch of appointments. My head was just spinning and I was so overwhelmed I just burst into tears. I stood there and bawled for about 2 minutes. Everyone was so kind and told me it was understandable and that it happened a lot. Made me feel so much better.

Respected Contributor

You never know what is going on in someone else's life....

Esteemed Contributor

@magicmoodz 

What a beautiful and very true sentiment.  I've been that person before.❤️❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

I try to remember There's ALWAYS Somebody WORSE OFF than You.

in the words of Buckaroo Banzai " Hey,hey...Don't be mean, We don't have to be mean."

Trusted Contributor

Years ago I was at Macy's buying an outfit to wear to my husband's funeral.   The clerk looked at me and said "smile".      

Respected Contributor

Such an important reminder.

Sometimes even the smallest word or gesture can make a person's day. Or not.

Kindness first. Always. Heart

Honored Contributor

Excellent message, @magicmoodz !    I wish kind sentiments would be reflected in all threads of the Q Boards.