Super Contributor

How old is too old to wear a backpack to an amusement park?

Honored Contributor

We carry ours when we go to Disney, my hubby is in eary 60's..   I see lots of people, both women and men wearing backpacks.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I don't see backpacks as safe.  What's to prevent someone from deftly getting into your backpack while standing on line, for instance? 

If I were carrying a baby, you can be sure that backpack would be hanging off my chest, not my back.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor
If you feel comfortable wearing one you should. Never to old.
Frequent Contributor
For me, there is no age limit for most things, including wearing a backpack. I recently bought the GiLI one, and I'm 43 and plan on using it often. I also travel and feel more secure using a backpack rather than a purse. In regards to an amusement park, I think it's a great idea as you don't want to lose your personal belongings from your pockets. I live in Florida, and most people carry backpacks while visiting tourist attractions. It keeps your hands free!!! Have fun😀
Trusted Contributor

Better than a backpack - the Healthy Back Bag. Took all over Disney World. It comes in several style variations and sizes.

http://www.ameribag.com/home.php

HBBevo Nylon Raspberry Wine S

Honored Contributor

There's an age requirement for backbacks???? faint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

i am 66 and i carry a backpack often when i go to disneyworld ... and often when i go other places where i have to carry a bunch of stuff.  last week i carried one to a dog show, and will be carrying one when we go to our community july 4th celebration.   i hope i have not been breaking any rules by doing so.  LOL.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone.  It just seems like a sensible thing to do but wondered if it would be out of my age bracket.  Guess now I have to go look to buy a backpack.

Honored Contributor

I don't think a backpack is more secure either, anyone behind you could access it inline or a crowded area.

For security a crossbody is better,  but if you want to carry a bunch of stuff I can see that a backpack is better.

Some places have restrictions on bringing in a backpack as well.

Age not an issue.