Frequent Contributor

Re: Arthritis in feet? What do u recommend?

Acetaminophen advantages and warnings:

You may prefer acetaminophen over NSAIDs if you have high blood pressure or stomach ulcers or bleeding. That’s because acetaminophen drugs such as Tylenol are less likely to increase your blood pressure or cause stomach pain or bleeding than NSAIDs are. However, acetaminophen may cause liver damage and liver failure, especially at high doses. It can also increase the anti-blood-clotting effect of warfarin, a blood thinner.

Tylenol (acetaminophen) is not anti-inflammatory:

Acetaminophen is an analgesic and an antipyretic drug. It’s not an NSAID. In other words, it’s not an anti-inflammatory drug. It does not help reduce swelling or inflammation. Instead, acetaminophen works by blocking your brain from releasing substances that cause the feeling of pain. It relieves minor aches and pains from:

• colds
  • sore throats
  • headaches and migraines
  • body or muscle aches
  • menstrual cramps
  • arthritis
  • toothaches
Super Contributor

Re: Arthritis in feet? What do u recommend?

Happy New Year to you, @hckynut!!

You and your wife are truely an inspiration to many of us posters here! Heart

After reading your opinion, I really do have to agree with you. I have always eventually let PT exercises go by the wayside after being released, my fault. My massage guy is helping me with some exercises that help my issues. I have T7 & 8 messed up from 2 falls. The whole group of muscles that wrap around the ribcage get tight and painful. I get rib heads out quite often and that is the most painful thing.  Some days it really hurts to just get in and out of bed. But it's so true " move it or lose it ". I sure appreciate when I have a good day.

Wishing you, Cindy, and Furbabes a Happy and Healthy 2019!Cat Happy

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~