Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn : When my younger son (he's 50 now ) and his best friend were at university they would ump soft ball games. One time a parent got out of hand and they were forced to remove parent from the park. I think that was the day they really grew up. I know this is OT. I,m just sayin'.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Junebug54 

I don't know what your posts were last night.

All I can say is that before you decide to post something in anger or frustration, just remember that someone who is reading your post-of-the-moment, may be having the hardest day of her life or in despair for whatever reason.  How would you want to impact her ?

Having learned the hard way many years ago, words can hurt worst than sticks and stones.  I try not to respond negatively nor start out on a negative note.  It works and you won,t have to apologize !

Good Luck !

@jlkz 

A group of negative posters, incl Gertrudes Closet were absolutely, unbelievably rude with their comments (many of which have been deleted) on Outfit Of The Day less than a week after we have lost Andrea.

Amazing grown women would even act that way!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Before you assume what Andrea told me, you were hardly on our telephone or texts with us as far as I know.

Andrea told me certain things and I posted what I knew "as far as I knew from our discussions".  When Andrea mentioned her treatment, I only knew that treatment for cancer which is a logical assumption.  I did the very best I could while I was reeling from the shock of a post that morning.

Further more, I know what exactly was said to me, and the assumptions made.  Rude is rude.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@hckynutjohn : When my younger son (he's 50 now ) and his best friend were at university they would ump soft ball games. One time a parent got out of hand and they were forced to remove parent from the park. I think that was the day they really grew up. I know this is OT. I,m just sayin'.

@Group 5 minus 1 

Not OT in my opinion.

Having parents removed from the rink was not uncommon in hockey games. It was more often the parents of the young kids. When they got to high school age, it was seldom an issue.

The games were worse when "Travel Teams" played out of town teams. They were much more serious to parents, most likely because it cost a fortune to have a child on 1 of these teams. They were "supposedly(?)" the best players in their age groups.

Had 1 game, where after the game, there were 2 ladies, out and out fighting. This was "house league" teams where good friends are on different teams. First time I saw women actually fighting over a meaningless(to most) hockey game.

Threw many a coach out over my 30+ years. They step onto the ice? It's an automatic removal. If they refuse, the game is forfeited, and the opponent gets the win.

Sports brings out the worst in some people. When it is fans, most have no clue of the hockey rules of the game. And they are usually the loudest also. 

If I didn't enjoy skating so much? Hmm!!

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

I just want to say that I am very sorry for the remarks I made last night.    I am now going to take a break from the message boards.    

@Junebug54  - if you want the break for your own personal reasons, it's understandable. I don't think you should do so because of another poster(s) pressure or insult or shame that may have been directed to you

Last night I was posting some shopping updates and read a couple of comments from posters wagging their fingers at others presumably bc they think certain topics or threads should only have kind and respectful comments.

Well... 2 of those wagging finger posters have done the opposite on some of my threads and not just once, repeatedly. Posting thinly veiled personal biases, politics and religion to derail a beauty or fashion thread to serve their own selfish purposes. One of them regularly posts snark and supposedly 'funny' comments on my threads that are in truth insults

Without fail, there are daily threads or posts bashing hosts, vendors or bait threads to create arguments about current events, politics, religion.

Consideration and kindness is not as prevalent as it should be here especially given this is a shopping destination and shopping should be fun. 

@Chi-town girl 

I think it's great that @Junebug54 made an apology and I'm sure we're all aware of why.  That's what matters.  She made the apology, why not accept it for what it is. 

It's her's and she owns it.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54   you can always have a post deleted.  I did one day.  A simple vent went totally off the rails.  Mean, nasty, hateful responses.  Live and learn.

MOST people here are kind and we are all entitled to an opinion.  I start very few posts now.  The beauty/holiday and kitchen crew are very nice.  I try to be positive and thoughtful.  Not every one is though.  A few in every crowd I guess.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 ....been there, done that, many times over the years. When you feel comfortable, start posting again. Take care.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Before you assume what Andrea told me, you were hardly on our telephone or texts with us as far as I know.

Andrea told me certain things and I posted what I knew "as far as I knew from our discussions".  When Andrea mentioned her treatment, I only knew that treatment for cancer which is a logical assumption.  I did the very best I could while I was reeling from the shock of a post that morning.

Further more, I know what exactly was said to me, and the assumptions made.  Rude is rude.

----------------

The lesson that should be learned is to never post assumptions about a fellow poster's health condition.  Assumptions are just that and lead to misinformation.  It's not ethical. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes people have to be put in their place.  Many of us (including myself) can get this tunnel vision sometimes and forget we are actually talking and discussing other human beings.  As is the case for younger women with lovely figures. 

I will give as good as the next.  Whatever you said @Junebug54 , you know in your heart what was going on and you felt the need to apologize.  GOOD ON YOU!!! 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

----------------

The lesson that should be learned is to never post assumptions about a fellow poster's health condition.  Assumptions are just that and lead to misinformation.  It's not ethical. 

I agree absolutely @CoffeeNut .  Don't assume someone won't feel beautiful because you wouldn't either.

Happy Women's History Month to all!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life