Trusted Contributor

I just want to say that I am very sorry for the remarks I made last night.    I am now going to take a break from the message boards.    

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54   I have no idea what your post is for, since I wasn't on last night, but we all have moments when we speak a little too freely, and regret what was said (or written).  No one is perfect. 

Whatever it is, I hope by apologizing that you feel better and anyone who was upset and/or offended will accept your apology.

Have a great day, and feel free to join back in the discussions whenever you are comfortable.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

We all have our moments....we learn and grow.  Hope to see you on the boards soon.

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 you have to be pretty thicked skin to be on here trust me.ive been critisized plenty of times.does it keep me off from here?nope! It's usually the same people also.oh well

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 

I don't know what your posts were last night.

All I can say is that before you decide to post something in anger or frustration, just remember that someone who is reading your post-of-the-moment, may be having the hardest day of her life or in despair for whatever reason.  How would you want to impact her ?

Having learned the hard way many years ago, words can hurt worst than sticks and stones.  I try not to respond negatively nor start out on a negative note.  It works and you won,t have to apologize !

Good Luck !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

I just want to say that I am very sorry for the remarks I made last night.    I am now going to take a break from the message boards.    

@Junebug54  - if you want the break for your own personal reasons, it's understandable. I don't think you should do so because of another poster(s) pressure or insult or shame that may have been directed to you

Last night I was posting some shopping updates and read a couple of comments from posters wagging their fingers at others presumably bc they think certain topics or threads should only have kind and respectful comments.

Well... 2 of those wagging finger posters have done the opposite on some of my threads and not just once, repeatedly. Posting thinly veiled personal biases, politics and religion to derail a beauty or fashion thread to serve their own selfish purposes. One of them regularly posts snark and supposedly 'funny' comments on my threads that are in truth insults

Without fail, there are daily threads or posts bashing hosts, vendors or bait threads to create arguments about current events, politics, religion.

Consideration and kindness is not as prevalent as it should be here especially given this is a shopping destination and shopping should be fun. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 you have to be pretty thicked skin to be on here trust me.ive been critisized plenty of times.does it keep me off from here?nope! It's usually the same people also.oh well

@Luvsmyfam 

When I first started posting here, 1 of the very few, if any, male contributors? There were more names and questions asked of me, like "why are you here you pervert"?  You name it, I was called it, and not by just certain contributors. More like, most of them.

That was well over 20 some years ago and I am still here. I learned at a young age "be who you are, and if people don't like you"?  Never changed who I am, on any social media platform, or in real life.

For some strange reason this once very introverted person, found myself leading many things, instead of being a follower. Why/How? I am not sure, but not many aspects in my life where I had deep beliefs and concerns, I seemed to always be doing the leading.

And being a Hockey Referee for over 30+ years?  Not many positives coming at you from the fans/coaches or players. They told me when I started as a Ref: "if you have rabbit ears? You aren't going to last long".

hckynut   🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn  Am sure it's been tough being a ref all those years.  My son is a HS football and baseball coach and it's not easy dealing with criticism from all the parents who think THEIR kid is the best.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@hckynutjohn  Am sure it's been tough being a ref all those years.  My son is a HS football and baseball coach and it's not easy dealing with criticism from all the parents who think THEIR kid is the best.

DH coached all HS sports for over 36 years.....EVERY athelete was on their way to the Pros....LOL!

Good luck to your son @KKJ ...it never does get any easier w/ the parents...but the rewards from the students are worth it all!

@hckynutjohn 

a REF?  Yikes!  You gotta have a thick skin for sure!  My DH was not always kind to the refs as a coach in his early years.  It took some time, but he greatly improved when he didn't agree with a call.

@Junebug54 

I didn't see your posts....but think it is very kind of you to apologize.

Did you try to delete or edit those posts?  They really seem to have bother you.

good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 We're all just people here and sometimes some of us go off the rails.  I have certainly had to issue more than one apology over time on this forum

Thank you for a kind apology to the boards.  For whatever you said, it takes a big heart from you.