Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone else hate Summer?

Hate it. Hate the heat, the humidity and the heat and the humidity!  Bring on winter!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

It is probably because I live in Florida.  The heat and humidity is so unbearable that you cannot get outside without being miserable and then the mosquitos are just awful.   From April to November is awful. Growing up July, August and September were the bad months but now it is a longer stretch.  I wish I could move.  

@chiclet  I grew up in Pa.  I hated it my whole life.  We used to come to Florida every year for vacation.  I moved here (in Florida) about 15 years ago.  I love it here.  Snow and ice in Pa.  I will never go back.  I was born to be a tropical babe.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I've lived in Southern CA for almost 30 years and never has there been any humidity for more than a day or two .... on rare occasions.  This year, the humidity is oppressive.  I've looked online to various weather sources and can't find any explanation .....  anyone else here live in SoCal .... and know why this is happening this year?

Honored Contributor

I don't hate summer, but I strongly dislike it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have both my hands up! The bugs the humid rainy yucky, sticky disgusting ..I dread it every year. I can not understand how anyone could like the summer. We even take our vacations my husband and I in the fall. The sun is bad for you so you can not even sit under it anymore. I am counting the days until fall. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I love Summer.The sunshine & the warm temperatures  invigorate me.Here in New York Summer is too short. 

😎☀️ 🏝 🍻 🌭 ⚾️

I hope you use sun screen cause the sun causes cancer and wrinkles. I am from NYC the summer is horrid in NYC The summer is too long. I wish the fall would last 6 months. You can have the heat and the bugs and the smells. YUCK! big time.

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I love Summer.The sunshine & the warm temperatures  invigorate me.Here in New York Summer is too short. 

😎☀️ 🏝 🍻 🌭 ⚾️

I hope you use sun screen cause the sun causes cancer and wrinkles. I am from NYC the summer is horrid in NYC The summer is too long. I wish the fall would last 6 months. You can have the heat and the bugs and the smells. YUCK! big time.

@apple1964Absolutely use sunscreen!  I love Neutrogena Dry touch.  I always come home pale from the beach.  I don't have the sun damage that many people my age do.

Would love to have you for a visit.  I live in the "Land Of The Sky" .

Image result for asheville nc

Trusted Contributor

the olderi get, the mre i hate summer.  the heat just really bothers me and i live in utah where we have a dry heat.

it seems that it just does not cool off at night as it used to.  now the temps do not drop below 75 at night and when it is over 95 during the day, the hosue even with ac never really cools off

Honored Contributor

@chiclet  I live in IL and we get 90 + with high humidity which is coming up starting Sunday for a few days.  I can handle 80 but I do not like it in the 90's.  I have difficulty breathing it is so hot.  However, we will be going into fall toward the end of Sept. and I love that weather and winter too.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Yes. We get fires every year.