Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Here Put In their Own Security Cameras?

Hi @Annabellethecat66

I just wanted to say that you have a lot of SPUNK. And I truly admire that. I know what you mean when people say..." Oh, I know what that feels like" That really gets me too. Until someone walks in your shoes they really don't know do they? 

If you think you can handle it, then you will handle it. Let us all know when you are going in for surgery so we can send you all our best. 

As far as Security Cameras? We don't have any. My son does, but I am not sure what kind he has.  I know that's no help is it.

Honored Contributor

AN UPDATE ON MY POST:

My son-in-law came by yesterday and put in one camera (to try out).  He's going to put in at least 2 more to cover most of the doors in my house (outside entrance).

It works great.  It is attached to my IPhone and one of my Ipads.

It comes on when I leave my house (with my Iphone).  When motion is detected, it comes up and shows me in real time.  It also has night vision.  I can dial it up anytime I want to.

I love it.

It's called "Nest".  Just wanted to update everyone and thank you guys for your input!

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add that after a house fire years ago my late husband had ADT put in so many alarms, it's crazy.  I have motion sensors, etc.

I never set the thing when I'm home (I'd be setting it off all of the time).  So I don't think of these cameras as safety, more like watching my cats while I'm in rehab.

As far as getting both knees done at one time....I don't have a choice.  They are both so bad one couldn't support the other one anyway.

Honored Contributor

Yes we have quite a few security cameras. We started out wanting to keep an eye on our cottage while we lived downstate. Then we moved up here. My dh installed the 4 cameras that we still have now. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

We did put in a driveway alarm so that when someone comes up the driveway an alarm goes off. Our driveway is long and we like to know who is on their way to our house.

Valued Contributor

I have Canary from HSN.When I was back in Italy I would check the entrance of my house live.It has sound and night vision.

When my husband came back before me I was still in Italy and heard him opening the front door and bring the suitcase inside.

Esteemed Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

We did put in a driveway alarm so that when someone comes up the driveway an alarm goes off. Our driveway is long and we like to know who is on their way to our house.

What kind did you get, if you don't mind my asking? We have a long driveway, too.

Honored Contributor

Youngest son told me that if you have a security system from a reputable company hard wired that it is far less likely to be hacked (so they can see & hear you).... but beware of wireless systems as they are very vulnerable to hacking.

https://www.wired.com/2014/07/hacking-home-alarms/

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*