Honored Contributor

Anyone Here Put In their Own Security Cameras?

I'm having both knees replaced at the same time soon.  I will be in rehab for a time (as short as possible).  

I want security cameras in my house.  It's a big house with lots of doors.  I already have a security system that's incredible but I want to be able to access it visually while I'm away (see my cats, etc).

I was wondering if anyone here has put in a system?  My son-in-law is going to do it and I know he'll do an excellent job, but I also want to here from my friends here as I respect everyone's opinions and things to think about.

I just want to know about the security cameras right now.  Later I will ask those of you who've had knee replacement about experiences.  I have many, many friends who've had knee replacements, so I'm very familiar with that aspect.

It's the video cameras I am interested in right now.  Thanks ahead of time.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Here Put In their Own Security Cameras?

Recommend ADT.. Excellent quality! Different packages offered.
Respected Contributor

I have the Arlo cameras( got them for Christmas) and so far  I like them. Easy to set up, wireless, and can monitor on my phone and tablet when I'm away. They were purchased at Costco as a set that included two cameras, and you can add more cameras easily. They are indoor or outdoor, I have mine outdoors under roof overhang. They are battery operated and I have only changed the battery on one camera so far, one time.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I can't believe you're going to have both knees done at the same time.  That could be rough.  Don't count on a short stint in rehab; I had no problems and stayed two weeks with one knee.  Good luck to you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Well we have game cameras to check for critters and deer.

Someone gave us alarm that rings if someone enters our lane. I did not think we needed it but find we like it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 No choice.  One won't support the other.  They are both so bad.  So many car accidents many years ago and arthritis.

I'm used to severe pain and just want to get it done.  I've suffered with bad back issues for years (can't be fixed by operation).

I know people who've had both done.  I think it's a matter of endurance and perseverance.  

When I was 18 I broke my back in 3 places and they sent me home saying I was OK.  That pain was....(well you can imagine).  

I've been dealing with this pain in both knees for well over 1 year.  Anyway, not worried, just want to get it done.  Can hardly walk now.

Honored Contributor

I already have ADT wired up the wazoo...my late husband had it put in.

I don't want anything that's connected to anything (wow what a stupid sentence) Ha!  You get the idea.

I probably will not have it set once I get back from rehab.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I understand your back dilemma as I have a similar problem.  Inoperable and nothing to help it... cramps my style.  I'm okay as long as I stay off my feet and do have a scooter for walking the dogs.  Could be worse, I guess. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes!  It locks up like a rock!  Really complicates me trying (keyword trying) to walk.

It's getting up and moving after I've been sitting.  Sleeping, it goes into spasms and wakes me up.  It's just crazy pain.  Before the operation I'm getting it 'shot up' to try to help so I can get up and walk after the operation.  

They've (the shots) have gotten so they don't do much anymore.  You name it (even the latest out there) and I've had it done.  Nothing has made any difference.

Maybe you feel this way:  I always say if I had a cut or something people could see they'd better understand how much pain I'm in, but they can't.  

They can feel how much it turns into on solid rock though.  Then they go, "Wow!  I'll bet that hurts".  Ha!  Right?

I love it when people say, "Oh! I know how you feel.  I've had back pain".  I just say, "Yes, OK".  They don't understand, do they?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Sorry if this is O/T, but is it one of your daughters who will check in on their two kitty siblings?  Woman Wink

BTW, I would also have both knees done at once - only one time under general anesthesia usually means less risk also.

And I know that you, my tough cookie friend, can definitely handle it!