Respected Contributor

Anyone Here Live In Vermont?

Does Vermont still have a Christmas event either the first or second week in December? I never have been up there but I did hear that they do this. Is it worth the trip if they still have theis event? Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Here Live In Vermont?

Vermont is a big state. What part of Vermont were you looking at?

Respected Contributor

Woodstock

Valued Contributor

If you Google Woodstock Vt Events Calendar, there are a bunch of things happening through December. Safe travels to you!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Vermont is a state, not a town. I'm sure there are many Christmas festivals and events throught the state. You can Google for some information.

Respected Contributor

DH and I pass through Woodstock, VT, quite frequently as he is an avid skier.

Woodstock is a wonderful little town, quite quaint and full of great little stores.

The famous and excellent Woodstock Inn, founded by the Rockefeller family, is the centerpiece of the town.

The Wassail Weekend Dec. 9-10, offers carriage rides and festive activities--all information is available online.

This past Winter when we were there, we did note that some of the stores had closed down due to Covid.

We also find Stowe quite charming and popular in the Winter--try to stop by the Trapp Family Lodge, created by the Sound of Music family.

Killington is a bit more ski-crowd and youthful-focused with lots of bars.  Ludlow, VT, near Okemo ski resort, is also cute and very family-oriented. We really like Manchester, small but busy and full of outlet stores, home of Hildene (Abraham Lincoln's son), and near the famous Equinox hotel and the Stratton ski resort.

I will say that overall celebrations in New England are a bit more low-key and rustic than the big city East coast style. The holiday decorations are up for a few weeks, so the festive atmosphere goes on for a while.  Most people do not dress up the way they do in the cities (SIGH), so I do not always get to wear all my New Year's eve sequin finery!  But, it is very relaxing to watch the pretty fireworks while ice skating, and DH loves the apres-ski hearty meals.

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

DH and I pass through Woodstock, VT, quite frequently as he is an avid skier.

Woodstock is a wonderful little town, quite quaint and full of great little stores.

The famous and excellent Woodstock Inn, founded by the Rockefeller family, is the centerpiece of the town.

The Wassail Weekend Dec. 9-10, offers carriage rides and festive activities--all information is available online.

This past Winter when we were there, we did note that some of the stores had closed down due to Covid.

We also find Stowe quite charming and popular in the Winter--try to stop by the Trapp Family Lodge, created by the Sound of Music family.

Killington is a bit more ski-crowd and youthful-focused with lots of bars.  Ludlow, VT, near Okemo ski resort, is also cute and very family-oriented. We really like Manchester, small but busy and full of outlet stores, home of Hildene (Abraham Lincoln's son), and near the famous Equinox hotel and the Stratton ski resort.

I will say that overall celebrations in New England are a bit more low-key and rustic than the big city East coast style. The holiday decorations are up for a few weeks, so the festive atmosphere goes on for a while.  Most people do not dress up the way they do in the cities (SIGH), so I do not always get to wear all my New Year's eve sequin finery!  But, it is very relaxing to watch the pretty fireworks while ice skating, and DH loves the apres-ski hearty meals.

Thank you soo much for all of this infomation !!!, Much appreciated. We will be planning a trip this year up there.I will check out  the  places you mentioned.Thanks again.