Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody hate it when their routine is broken

I am very routine oriented.  I find it soothing to know what comes next.

Esteemed Contributor

I do follow a routine pretty much each day.   Though there are times when it gets totally changed, mostly when I have to go out, other than that it stays pretty much the same.

I too, am somewhat adaptable though, so it doesn't upset the apple cart much when things are off schedule.

Honored Contributor

I dont have a strict routine so if things go

differently than expected I dont get upset!  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'm more for constancy. But if things get off track, it's okay, too, since change is just a part of life.

Honored Contributor

I am a homebody and would sooner be home and hate packing  and traveling.  I can always have a good time if I do have to go somewhere and can fit my workout in daily but would sooner not go anywhere.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely an OCD homebody who dislikes traveling. I have a good time when at my destination, especially if spending time with out of state grandkids, but can't wait to return home. I need no outside entertainment of any type; I make my own enjoyment. I've had no problem staying home during covid because it's the way I always live. I think you're either a people person or you're not, just do whatever you're comfortable with. Probably easy for me to say since I'm a senior. Times have changed for younger people these days. The quiet lifestyles of the 50's are no more. 

Respected Contributor

I'm definitely a homebody. I still work full time and have to be at an office all day, Monday through Friday, but I'm encouraged by the fact that I'll be retiring next year, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel. 

As much as I'd like to do away with "routines" once I'm retired,  I come from a long line of regimented people and my life has always been dictated by the clock, so I know I'll still be eating at the same times every day and following my usual, predictable schedule. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mayflowers  You describe me to a tee. I am am a homebody and I am happy. I am also a morning person and like to get out and get my errands done in the mornings. I have some great friends and they are very social and thankfully don't expect me to be involved in everything or anything if I don't want to. I like being accepted for who I am. I have had friends who put pressure on me to attend everything. I am no longer friends with them. My family is small as well. I don't beat myself up trying to "fit in" anymore. I guess it's my age and the pandemic has made me care even less about what people think if I decline an invitation. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have a "routine," but I do get annoyed when I have to reschedule plans / previously scheduled items.  

Honored Contributor

I like a schedule. It keeps me on track. I also like the time I can spend at home doing the chores that need doing. I'm a creature of habit...bedtime and wakeup are usually the same. Exercise first and then on with the day. I have a calendar that keeps me organized so the time when I'm out of the house, I know where and when I'm supposed to be.