Honored Contributor

Re: Another awful christmas eve

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam 

if I've learned anything this past 23 months I'm blessed...many have faced OR are facing many life challenges.  

During these uncertain times, spouse illness, this week losing a close dear friend from choking, a nephew passing at a young age to cancer and more -- missing seeing my family seems petty now to be "upset" about.  Although, the highlight of my week I became a "great aunt" to a sweet baby girl -- our family is thrilled🎀

It seems you're a caring & sensitive person -- try to not allow these "small things" to stand in the way of your holiday joy.  I'm sure a caring phone call to your grandson and others would "cheer them up".

why not visit your parents? You said nothing about them being sick w/covid, etc. I'd gather myself up & be there to celebrate with them (lost mine over 30+ years ago☹️) -- they would enjoy it I'm sure! I'd give anything to have my parents here and all those who are gone -- I love the saying someone posted here "they gave us memories.."

Merry Christmas🎄

PS: I'm sure many of us will be "here"- I know I will🙂so just stop by and say "hi"!

Respected Contributor

@colleena I dropped my cookies and gifts on their front porch.dec 23 my parents were exposed to covid from my neice and nephew.they did the covid test strip christmas eve morning.it came back negative.i was still leary coming in the house,because I've had a upset stomach all week.i know I'm not the only one this has happened to.im going to put christmas lunch on my daughter's front porch along with gifts.i won't be able to see her or kids but this is the best I can do.

Thank-you all for responding and merry Christmas q friends

Honored Contributor

I hope your Christmas Eve wasn't so bad.  Have a good day today - enjoy the peace and quiet!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam I am sorry you are having a difficult time. The holidays can be very sad for some people. I pray your family members who tested positive are OK and don't  have any bad symptoms. I am doing laundry and that is OK. My children live in CA and I will see them in March (God willing). But thank God, they are healthy. Covid has changed holiday plans for a lot of people. It is OK to be sad and mourn the holiday that didn't happen they way it should have.  Don't let it get you too down. I hope you have a better day. 
Honored Contributor

I understand your disappointment but Christmas is what you make it.  You can call, Face Time, Zoom, Facebook with all of them.  You can cheer yourself up by making a nice meal for yourself, your favorite desserts and watch some Christmas movies.  This is our reality now and we all have to adjust because Covid is not going anywhere and it will be particularly rough on low vaccination states.  So alternative ways of being with family and friends are a necessity.  I'm so very thankful that our circle is all fully vaccinated including boosters and we are having a normal Christmas within our circle.  We all avoided crowds and went back to masks and stringent hand hygiene to avoid any break through infections that would prevent anyone from celebrating with us.  After everyone in your family has recovered, you can all do a Christmas makeup. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

My family has started doing Zoom meetings.

We did Zoom everything last year.   Christmas, birthdays, a baby shower.  We all cooked the same things and talked while we had dinner or celebrated.  It was fun.  

Regular Contributor

So go anyhow life is short, and you would really regret not seeing parents if anything happened to them, I don’t understand why people are putting their lives on hold, I have bee out in all of this. Haven’t changed a thing.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

My family has started doing Zoom meetings.

@geezerette   Last Christmas and today, we zoomed with DD, better than not seeing her at all.

Respected Contributor

Great Idea !!

Super Contributor

Joy can be found in darkness, if only in the comfort of being safe from the harsh light of our struggling world.  Stay well