Honored Contributor

And the latest scam to separate you from your money.....

Phone call just received: " this is Officer Joe Blow from the Osceola County Sheriff's department. Your son has been in an accident, his fault, and it will cost $1200.00 to keep him out of jail. We have a courier on the way for the $1200.00 in cash"

" I don't have a son!" " oh excuse me! I meant your uncle!'

(face palm)  Man SurprisedMan Surprised

Honored Contributor

Re: And the latest scam to separate you from your money.....

@Andreatoo wrote:

Phone call just received: " this is Officer Joe Blow from the Osceola County Sheriff's department. Your son has been in an accident, his fault, and it will cost $1200.00 to keep him out of jail. We have a courier on the way for the $1200.00 in cash"

old scam,  never pick up the phone 

Honored Contributor

I'm 73 and I am way smarter than the idiots who try to scam people.

Respected Contributor

WOW ! they just keep coming don't they ?  I just don't answer my phone 

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo   I got two of those call awhile ago, I told the first one "oh you can keep him in jail, he's not woth $1,200" the guy hung up and the courier never showed SMH.   The second one last week I said "well he's sitting in front of me and looks fine.  I will have a police officer here to verify his credentials" he hung up

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not new at all.

Trusted Contributor

It never ceases to amaze me that even with caller ID people still continue to answer the phone when they don't recognize the number of the calling party. That's why these scammers keep on trying. If it's important they'll leave a message, otherwise, just don't answer the phone if you don't recognize the number or the name of the calling party. 

Respected Contributor

Nah!  That's from the "Grooveyard of Scam Hits".  Probably being recycled.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me that even with caller ID people still continue to answer the phone when they don't recognize the number of the calling party. That's why these scammers keep on trying. If it's important they'll leave a message, otherwise, just don't answer the phone if you don't recognize the number or the name of the calling party. 

@Buffalogal47 Haha!  My OGM pretty much says as much.  Some people I know leave a message asking if they will get lucky today or asking if I'm standing there listening.  Sometimes, they get lucky and sometimes they don't even if I'm listening.  Sometimes, I just don't want to deal with them at the moment.

Esteemed Contributor

Some people answer because it´s fun to mess with the person on the line. I should start answering and have some fun.  Years ago i pulled a ¨Jerry Seinfeld¨ on a caller. I said ¨Why don´t you give me your home phone number and I will call you later, and the person said I can´t do that, so I said it´s ok for you to have mine but I can´t have yours. They hung up.