Esteemed Contributor

Amazon’s pretty cool

[ Edited ]

I have been waiting for a delivery today and have been tracking my package since 1:00 when it said I had 7 deliveries ahead of me. Well I guess the driver went home for lunch for about 90 minutes before the driver started delivering again. It is now 2:30. The driver made what looks like one or two deliveries and went home (or stopped again) and the tracking map hasn’t moved my package since. It is now almost 6:00 and it is still sitting with the driver at his place of stoppage. I contacted Amazon and they contacted the driver about an hour ago (my package still hasn’t moved) and they credited my account for the entire amount for inconvenience. Don’t know if this person will ever show up tonight but thanks Amazon. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think that  is being a little impatient. Amazon always says on the tracking to be delivered before 8 pm. I can’t imagining tracking it that much of being so impatient.

Frequent Contributor

@Meowingkitty  I agree about Amazon.  Great customer service!

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I think that  is being a little impatient. Amazon always says on the tracking to be delivered before 8 pm. I can’t imagining tracking it that much of being so impatient.

It’s not being impatient, it’s the fact that the driver only had 7 deliveries before mine, he was only a mile away and now 6 hours later it still hasn’t moved. I think Amazon should know about lazy or bad delivery drivers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty, that is one of the reasons they are a trillion dollar company.  I don’t shop Amazon on a regular basis but if I ever had a problem, they are prompt, courteous and generally respond far better than any other company I do business with.  With a lot of other companies, it is like customer service is a thing of the past.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon’s pretty cool

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

It’s not being impatient, it’s the fact that the driver only had 7 deliveries before mine, he was only a mile away and now 6 hours later it still hasn’t moved. I think Amazon should know about lazy or bad delivery drivers. 

Can I ask how you knew the driver had just 7 stops before you?  

Amazon is great about service. I never worry when I shop there.

I don't like to ask for, or even receive an offer for, a refund when I still have the product.  Retailers don't give stuff away for free without making up the loss somewhere else...as in higher prices for everyone.

IMO, UPS says packages will be delivered by 8pm.  I can't imagine tracking things with such details.  

Honored Contributor

I just love it when the tracking shows an actual street map of the area, showing exactly where the driver is.  Kind of fun to watch my delivery getting closer and closer!  Sometimes, I'm at the door to greet the driver before he has scanned the package!  Cool!  Love Amazon!

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

Or the car may have had mechanical difficulties.  These drivers use their own cars for the deliveries.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon’s pretty cool

[ Edited ]

How did you know he had seven deliveries before you?  I would like to know that information, too.  I always track my packages, and UPS sends me the tracking info.  I've never seen anything in such detail though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

Can I ask how you knew the driver had just 7 stops before you?  

Amazon is great about service. I never worry when I shop there.

I don't like to ask for, or even receive an offer for, a refund when I still have the product.  Retailers don't give stuff away for free without making up the loss somewhere else...as in higher prices for everyone.

IMO, UPS says packages will be delivered by 8pm.  I can't imagine tracking things with such details.  

Some areas have amazon drivers delivering rather than a delivery service.  You can watch as your packages travel the route.  Have actually seen my package sit right around the corner then get a message undeliverable?????. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.