Valued Contributor

Long story short.  In Oct. ordered shoes and received wrong shoes.  When pulling up the order, it said delayed delivery which was not so, I had already received.  Also, there was no option to hit return and print label since it was an error showing delayed.  Called and asked how I could return and get refund.  Since then, I've been on the phone, chatted, emailed, etc. several times with multiple cust. service reps.  Finally, 2 weeks ago, I was told it was an Amazon glitch and that's why the return option wasn't there to begin with, they were working on it internally and just wait 10 days and I would automatically get refund.  To date, no refund, called this am, talked with approximately 10 people, had to keep repeating details, giving order numbers, etc.  To say the least, I am so frustrated and don't know where to go next.  i've used Amazon a lot of the last few years and this was a $75.00 pair of shoes but what if it was an Apple comuter or something super expensive?  Then what?  Anyone have a similar issue and how did it get resolved?  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon Issues, Need Advice

[ Edited ]

I have not had your issue, but after paying for prime since 1999, I no longer will renew it. I also try to find other sources for what I need now. 

I was given a delay notice for something I ordered ( actually a pen for my cat to stay safe at my mom's while I cared for my mom) early this summer. After several " delayed" messages,I was told the item was cancelled. I ordered  a second pen-- only to have the delayed and cancelled pen suddenly show up. 

I also called numerous times and had to keep repeating my story because there was no return option for something that should not have come. I was told where to take my package to return it. However, as a caregiver for my mother, I could not get to the place when they were open. To have a carrier pick up the pen to return it cost me around $11. 

No one at Amazon was able to help me.  Add that to the promised two-day delivery for most of my orders that often take 3, 4, 5, and 6 days anyway, and I lately have been taking an Amazon break. I realize poor shipping may not be a company's fault; however, I get better support from QVC and almost every other company when I have a problem.

So,@patticakes, I empathize and understand your frustration. I have no advice. Sorry.

Respected Contributor

Call your credit card company and ask for a chargeback (refund) for item ordered but never received.

Honored Contributor

@patticakes.  Apparently your situation just so unusual, even the CS reps never heard of it or know what to tell you.   I imagine they're frustrated too.   Have you spoken to supervisors?  Managers? 

I don't think anyone here can help solve your problem.  Hopefully, Amazon will soon work out their glitch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I would contact the card company I used to purchase the shoes and tell them I have not received the promised refund. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can understand your frustration!

I did have an issue last year with a bed frame.  I ordered a new platform frame for DD's old room to make it more an adult guest room.

Anyway I paid extra for them to deliver it upstairs to the bedroom. It was a heavy long box at almost 80lbs.  DS was home helping DH put it together.  When they opened the box it was the wrong frame....wrong color & style.  The only thing that was right was the size.

Well DH commented that since it was the right size that they should just go ahead and put it together...I said absolutely not!

A lot of calling brought a new level of frustration!  Each person we spoke to had a heavy accent and went by what sounded like a script.  They would put us on hold multiple times and each time they came back they had to go through the whole "thank you for your patience spiel"!  By the tenth time or so I said that I am losing my patience and what is the problem exchanging it for the right bedframe?

They wanted us to bring it to a UPS store...I had to patiently explain that it was too large & heavy for us to bring in and I even paid extra for them to haul the big box up the stairs.  UGH!  It seemed that by sticking to a script, they didn't appear to really hear us.

Finally after a LOT of back & forth we got them to pick up the box from our porch.  DH just slid it down the stairs and they sent a new one correct one. 

I didn't want to pay extra once again for them to bring it up the stairs (I should not have had to but they couldn't seem to understand this).  At the time we were having work done on the house and our contractor (a big burly guy) just hoisted the box on his shoulder and brought it up.

Thank goodness most of the time orders are correct....but the one time they send the wrong thing it is a real frustrating experience!  I still shop on Amazon a lot.

Hopefully if you are persistent you will get your refund.

Honored Contributor

@patticakes ..............was your order through a vendor or Amazon?    

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Amaazon Prime, free return.

Super Contributor

Was the item sold and shipped by Amazon or by individual seller?  I learned the hard way to not buy from individual sellers.  Advice to contact your card company is good.  They may not give you credit, but it is worth a try.  If you have all the info on how hard you have worked on this that will help.  They will want to know if you have tried to resolve it.
Amazon finally gave me credit to purchase future items "sold by" Amazon when I was unable to get any resolution from the original seller.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I've not had this problem but I do purchase from Amazon alot for work.  Anytime I have an issue I use the chat feature and I get resolution.  Part of your problem may be that the shoes were sold on Amazon through a 3rd party reseller.  If you click on the reseller name you should be able to communicate with them directly as they may be able to help too.  Just depends--can't really say based on the information you provided.  Good Luck.