Honored Contributor

I was born and raised about 30 or so miles from Pittsburgh (New Castle). Your message about the man w/dementia is sad and does anger me.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 I am about 50 miles southeast of New Castle. Believe my DH has a few family members from your area.

It's sad to me that it seems as a society we tend to disregard our elderly or mentally challenged.   Certainly if it had been a young child alone out in that parking lot people would have been more responsive.

A lot of people don't want to get involved.  I can understand because sometimes one can end in an unanticipated situation.

I just react with what my heart tells me to do, kindness never goes out of style. 

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I was born and raised about 30 or so miles from Pittsburgh (New Castle). Your message about the man w/dementia is sad and does anger me.

It angered me as well.  The world has changed dramatically since I was a kid. Sad....

BTW...I lived on Monroeville for many years....about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh.  

Regular Contributor

I live in New Castle.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

It angered me as well.  The world has changed dramatically since I was a kid. Sad....

BTW...I lived on Monroeville for many years....about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh.  

I had relatives who lived in Monroeville and used to visit there quite often.   I always liked the area.  I haven't been there in years though.    

Here's a funny story, I grew up near the Ligonier and Latrobe area.    I left there many  years ago and moved to the West Coast.      A few months ago a young couple bought the house next door to us.   I was talking to them when they were out in their backyard.   She mentioned they were from the East Coast.   I asked her where and she said I grew up in Latrobe and my parents still live there.  

For those of you who aren't familiar with the area it's not really all that large.   We both laughed about the odds of both of us being from the same area and ending up living next door to each other.

Valued Contributor

I lived in PA until 21, Canonsburg and Gibsonia. I think the family should  be more aware and screen the caregivers. That is a sad story. I commend the husband for what he did by going in and finding her. 

Respected Contributor

@jagk wrote:

I live in New Castle.

I love to hear where everyone lives. I live in Weirton, WV, no towns between me and Pittsburgh, takes me about 25 minutes to be in Robison, twsp. Hello to you all! I was born and raised in PA.