Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @Shanus : Safety first priority. Please have handyman install the sturdy real thing. I have 3.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

When we built our house about 26 yrs. ago, no shower/tub bar needed. Now we've added the ones with suction cups that are removable so not to damage the tile.

@Shanus@jlkz.   Beware of those suction bars.  They often suddenly give way and can cause a nasty fall.  I had a couple and pitched them out.  Have a handyman install the real thing

Honored Contributor

I've always preferred baths rather than showers.  Love a long hot soak in the morning!

Even at my age ... I'm still fairly agile and can curl myself up and get my head under the tub faucet to wash my hair!  

No problems getting in and out of the tub.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV 

We removed our unused bath tub in the main bathroom in 2022 for a walk in handicapped accessible shower.  Total cost was $10,000.  I went with ceramic tile walls, non slip shower pan, rainmaker shower head with handheld attachment, Coretec flooring, kept the same toilet, vanity and sink with new faucet.  The shower and vanity fixtures were the most expensive pieces to this job.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop Thank you for your response.  I think you paid a fair price for the upgrades you have.  Well worth it I say. I'm going to get some estimates.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth