Trusted Contributor

A reminder to click for charity for free

Every day I go to animalrescuesite.com. There are clicks for each of 8 charities. Your click counts for kibble for shelter animals, meals and medicine for veterans, meals for the hungry, one for diabetes, another for alzheimers etc. It accumulates into quite a nice amount of donations for those organizations, and costs nothing. Doesn't even take 2 minutes. Give it a try. Even better, visit every day or even more often. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A reminder to click for charity for free

I go here daily, in addition I go to Freekibble.com. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee, can you explain how this works? I went to the site but was still confused. Smiley Sad

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I go to the animalrescuesite.com. There is a Click Here to donate cups of food for the shelters. After you click there, several boxes, all different colors which represent charities appear. If you click on the one for animals (I think it is purple) you essentially donate 1 cup of dog food for shelters.  Then you click on the yellow box and you have donated a cup of food for the hungry, you click on another box and your click goes toward medicine etc. It costs nothing to click, yet if thousands of people do this, every day thousands of cups of dogfood, meals etc. are being donated. You can click up to 8x a day. So you are doing nothing but clicking and you are helping many people.

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee   Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I was not aware of these websites.  I wonder what companies actually make the donations.  Since I'm on my computer several times during the day just playing around I will certainly click on this and do something worthwhile with my computer time!

Esteemed Contributor

@geegerbee  I have been doing this since these sites were started.  When I was teaching, my students started the day by clicking on these sites.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

I have been doing this at the Greater Good website for years. Thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention.

Honored Contributor

the cost is probably tracking your info and the sites you visit 

Trusted Contributor

I click on the animal rescue site, the rainforest site, and freekible.com every day! Yes, every click goes towards helping animals!  Thank you 

Respected Contributor

I don't have animals but do use Amazon's program that sounds like these. I often wondered if the funds actually go to the charity. I've worked with the charity I give to in the past and have never ever heard them say that they get a big chunk of money donated through Amazon, and I have seen the donations in their budget documents.