Esteemed Contributor

Your stories are beautiful. Thank you. I remember being late to work because I stayed home watching the TV screen. It was one tragedy after the next being reported and I wondered how our nation would ever be able to recover. I worked in counseling office on campus and no students came in the office that day, but many in days following. Sat with flight attendant daughter in my living room this morning. Lives in Jersey City (Newark base) and visited the memorial area last week. She knows F/As who worked at that time. One middle-aged man said he wouldn't be able to visit the memorial until he retires. Just can't. He lost too many co-workers and friends. Hubs lost a friend on business trip. He got out of the towers but was struck in the head with debris on the sidewalk. My daughter was a girl in 2001, but told me she fell in love with New York area because of stories of strength, courage and kind acts.

What is that beautiful phrase Jake Tapper says? May their memories be a blessing.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau