Valued Contributor

CC's that don't work for you

Hi Ladies. What do you all do if you try a cc and it doesn't really work for you? I ordered the TSV on March 15th in the POM. I am going to try it again, but on my first use, I had some frizziness in my hair. I love the 613 cc - tried it today. I can't return the POM because it came in the TSV with the 613. Should I try mixing it with the 613? I hate to waste it, and it smells so good. I'd like to try to incorporate it somehow. Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: CC's that don't work for you

POM doesn't work for me; neither does SAM nor the mint winter formulas. I just use them up as body wash (since most of them came as part of TSVs for me). I won't buy them again, though. (For the record, TT, Fig, and 613 are love moments for me. FAS was perfect. Spring gardenia works but I have lousy second day hair with it--which isn't true of the other formulas, that give me 2-3 days each. So, I think one's mileage may vary when it comes to any particular formula.)

Respected Contributor

Yes, definitely mix it. However, it sounds like you may need Fig...like me.....the most moisturizing of all the formulas. I actually mix Fig and Pom together. Another option is Kids SB which is the most moisturizing of the kids formulas if you don't want the menthol. Mixing formulas is commonplace among many Wen Users.

The three universal formulas do not necessarily work best on everyone. Using the wrong CC, not using enough CC, not rinsing well, or not cleansing twice might not give you the desired result.

I suggest you try some Oil and Styling Cream as well...in Fig...to leave in your hair especially on the ends for those with dry hair or those that tend to frizz.

I'd keep what you purchased, buy some fig and change you TSV Auto Delivery (if you purchased that) to a different CC. You will find that after you use Fig for a while, you will want to use a different CC in conjunction with the Fig.

FYI, TT is a strong scent (Vicks Vapor Rub) and it doesn't moisturize well. You would need to cleanse with Fig afterwards. Many people like TT because they claim it helps your hair grow or grow quicker, a claim that I cannot give you my opinion because I could not tolerate the scent and my husband made a comment when I went to bed with the TT oil on my scalp.

Super Contributor

You might want to try a discovery kit to see what formulas work for you. I wouldn't go by the likes/dislikes of random people on a message board. TT actually is an excellent formula and, like most of the WEN CCs, doesn't last past the shower. But only you know what you can tolerate. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 DogLvr said:

Yes, definitely mix it. However, it sounds like you may need Fig...like me.....the most moisturizing of all the formulas. I actually mix Fig and Pom together. Another option is Kids SB which is the most moisturizing of the kids formulas if you don't want the menthol. Mixing formulas is commonplace among many Wen Users.

The three universal formulas do not necessarily work best on everyone. Using the wrong CC, not using enough CC, not rinsing well, or not cleansing twice might not give you the desired result.

I suggest you try some Oil and Styling Cream as well...in Fig...to leave in your hair especially on the ends for those with dry hair or those that tend to frizz.

I'd keep what you purchased, buy some fig and change you TSV Auto Delivery (if you purchased that) to a different CC. You will find that after you use Fig for a while, you will want to use a different CC in conjunction with the Fig.

FYI, TT is a strong scent (Vicks Vapor Rub) and it doesn't moisturize well. You would need to cleanse with Fig afterwards. Many people like TT because they claim it helps your hair grow or grow quicker, a claim that I cannot give you my opinion because I could not tolerate the scent and my husband made a comment when I went to bed with the TT oil on my scalp.

DogLvr, wow, that's really good advice.

I'd suggest also trying TT CC. I have thin/fine hair and my hair has less frizz when I use TT for my second cleanse, or do an occasional all TT cleanse.

You may also want to try mixing some of the POM and 613 together for each cleanse. Some people have posted about mixing two CCs together for each cleanse. They may mix them both together. Or they may concentrate one on the scalp area and the other on the mid-shaft to the ends of their hair. I just don't know. You could experiment with each method and find out what works best for you.

Try using the 613 SC in your TSV kit. SC helps with frizzies, helps seal in moisture, and protects your hair from the heat of your hair dryer.

----

Chaz recommends that after you cleanse your hair, you add a leave-in back to your hair:

* While you are still in the shower and your hair is sopping wet, add a dime-sized amount of CC (for you, probably the 613 CC) back into your hair. This "dime-sized" amount seems to vary from a 1/2 pump to a few pumps of CC, from a 16 oz. bottle (I have shoulder length hair and I use a 1/2 pump). -- concentrate on the mid-shaft to the ends of your hair. Twist your hair around and squeeze so it gets back into the hair shaft (for moisture).

* Then add one pump of SC (I use 1/3 pump). -- Concentrate on the mid-shaft to the ends of your hair. Twist your hair around to thoroughly cover it (SC helps seal in the moisture from the CC). Then rake what remains of the SC through the top part of your hair (don't flat palm it through).

* Blot dry your hair with an old cotton t-shirt (terry cloth towels can rough up your hair's cuticles and make it frizzier).

----

Before using TT, my hair used to grow at a snail's pace (I hardly ever needed to get my hair cut). One month after using TT CC, my hair probably grew a full inch. The results really surprised me because I had been very, very skeptical about the TT hair growth claims. -- Now I use TT CC and do jojoba/TT oil overnight scalp treatments on a regular basis. And my hair grows over an inch every month.

I haven't tried the rice-based BGT or Kids CCs yet, but I've tried all the rest. I have thin/fine/porous hair. SAM & FIG weigh my hair down. LAV dries my hair out a bit and makes it frizzier. -- All the other formulas work well on my hair.

Best of luck experimenting with your new Wen TSV!!

-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor

First, if you got the TSV on auto-delivery (I don't even know if that was an option), call customer service and ask them to change your next shipment to a different formula!

I can't use most of the "universal" formulas and need to either mix them with Fig, use Fig for my second cleanse, or find other ways to use them. Sweet Almond Mint doesn't give me enough moisture, but I use it as a leave-in until the bottle in my shower is gone. I use some formulas as a body wash and shave cream and I have other bottles of WEN at sinks to use to wash my hands.

Based on a tip I heard on Twitter, I've even used WEN as a fabric softener, since I can't use any of the traditional ones because of skin allergies. It didn't leave things feeling as fluffy or smelling as good as I remember Downey doing, but it did work and didn't make me itchy.

Frequent Contributor

POM doesnt work for me. I have fine, thin hair. It weighs my hair down like crazy.

Honored Contributor

I return it or try to trade it with someone for something else. Since you can't return it because it was part of a kit you want to keep, I'd try to trade it with someone for something else. That is why I forgo kits these days- they often contain products I don't use or like so then it just seems like a waste.

Respected Contributor

Can't you return the kid for an exchange? If not, just return it but then switch your next auto-delivery to a different formula.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Can't you return the kid for an exchange? If not, just return it but then switch your next auto-delivery to a different formula.

From a cost benefit perspective, it may make sense to just keep the kit. I think these are the regular prices of the products in the TSV:

* 613 CC -- 16oz: $40 (which was in the TSV) -- 32oz: $61

* 613 SC -- aprox. $24

* 32oz POM -- $49.50

* 2oz POM RTM -- $15 (at Chaz's site)

If you wind up using both the 613 CC & SC, the total price for those two items comes close to the cost of the $60 TSV. And there was only one S&H charge for the TSV.

-- bebe Smile