Contributor

Wen Newbie Needs Advice on New March TSV

I've been using Wen from the fall TSV and like it pretty well, but am wondering if I should get the upcoming March TSV and what flavor? My hair is naturally curly, thick, color treated and tends to be very dry, with dry scalp. I've been using the Fig, is that the most hydrating?

Will 613 do more for me that would be useful?

TIA!

girly-girl

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen Newbie Needs Advice on New March TSV

613 is the "WEN on steroids" option for treatment in the shower that doesn't require remoist. Many of us incorporate it into our routine at least every couple weeks. It's very moisturizing although a few people do not have that result. Everyone is unique. Based on what you said it would probably be very good for you. As far as core selection, probably something with a little weight would be good. Sweet Almond Mint would be my recommendation. You may also really want to try splurging on some Tea Tree oil to help normalize your scalp by using some every other night. That makes a huge difference in getting rid of dry scalp.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

naturally curly, thick, tending towards dry hair here too! the first time I tried wen, I tried fig and was just sort okay with it. stopped using it for a few years and then picked up a tea tree gallon. I was blown away!! tea tree made all of my wen dreams come true! now I alternate it with fig and the new bamboo green tea and seasonals and 613 sometimes but I NEED tea tree. in fact, I need to get another gallon because the 32 oz. bottles are never enough (I have a lot of hair). I originally picked it up because I heard chaz mention that anyone with coarse hair and scalp issues would benefit from it. like kjelle said, it really makes a huge difference in helping with a dry (and/or flaky) scalp. I felt like I had a normal scalp for the first time in forever! but it also really made my hair soft and manageable but hydrated in a way that felt so clean and refreshing to me (sometimes the fig is just too heavy). so, I highly recommend tea tree cc in addition to (or instead of, if you're only picking one) the sweet almond mint.

also, I know not everyone has had this experience, but for me the bamboo green tea makes my hair feel SO much lighter while leaving it moisturized, super shiny, and squeaky clean.

the great thing about the upcoming tsv is that you can get that 613 styling crème, which is excellent. those additional styling product and the 613 for mixing or a boost or whatever are really nice. and that configuration is going to be the most cost effective for getting/trying all of those products together.

Honored Contributor

Fig is the most moisturizing and one I use almost every time I wash my hair. I have dry, color treated, wavy/curly hair and definitely recommend Fig. I don't like the Fig scent, but the results are so good that I buy it by the gallon anyway. All my other WEN products (oils, remoist, replenishing mist) I buy in the other formulas. I mix Fig with just about everything or use Fig one cleanse and any other CC for the other. I often mix with Tea Tree, but using Tea Tree alone all month leaves my hair dry. Fig is my constant.

I like 613, but using it too often causes my hair to turn dry and brittle because of the protein. I use it occasionally and it's fine. It's a 16-oz bottle, so that's a good size to try it. For moisture treatment, I prefer Remoist,

Esteemed Contributor

My hair is naturally curly and very thirsty. I use either 613 or Tea Tree for my first cleanse and Fig for my second cleanse and leave-in.

I like 613 for the protein benefits. I have noticed less breakage on my ends from using it consistently.

I like Tea Tree CC and the Tea Tree oil for my scalp.

I can't say enough good about Fig! While I hate the smell, I love what it does for my hair. On the weekends, I'll put a shower cap on my hair with the Fig in it and let it sit for hours. My hair is well moisturized until the middle of the week. I have such great results from Fig that I haven't used ReMoist.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Try the tea tree. I like to use tea tree as my first cleanse, always. I use fig, BGT, Sam, lav, or a seasonal as my second cleanse. I think the tea tree will help normalize your scalp and add the perfect amount of moisture to your hair.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Regular Contributor

As a fellow newbie, I can tell you my experience. I started with the Christmas 5 CC specials. The first I used was FAS. As a first use, I fell in love with WEN. But.... with my thick, curly, VERY DRY, hair - It wasn't enough. I tried Pomegranate, better but not enough. Then, I was advised and tried FIG and Fig Re-moist. YES! YES! YES! It has made all the difference. And once, I've done it once or twice (left on for about 6 hours) I don't feel the need to do the re-moist each time.

From listening to Chaz and reading the other ladies, 613 is really good for protein.