Occasional Visitor

Re: BarePRO Foundation has TALC as the First Listed Ingredient!!??

You're worried about talc in this powder foundation but you'll buy secondhand from frauds on eBay? Something is wrong with this picture here. Buying any kind of high end cosmetic (or basic cosmetic in general) from eBay is a guaranteed scam. Ebay even made a dedicated thread informing bidders on how to spot fake bareMinerals (and other brands who are being replicated) because the counterfeit cosmetic market is so high now. A person cannot make proffit on selling REAL bareMinerals products unless they A. work for the company and receive a discount (or Pro Discount for makeup artists)  and resale the product (which is illegal). or B. Own the rights to a bareMinerals franchise (boutique, outlet, spa line etc.) and are reselling after receiving their wholesale price (which is also illegal). The people you are buying from on eBay are average joe's who join online counterfeit cosmetic wholesale groups which then link you to fraudulent companies who replicate high end cosmetic brands and place dispicable ingredients and formulas in containers, palettes, jars etc. that look identical to popular high end brand products (bareMinerals Foundations, MAC Foundations, Urban Decay eye shadow palettes etc.) I would highly adivise people to stay away from secondhand retailers, even Amazon. You get what you pay for.

Trusted Contributor

@Happymom523 wrote:

I know I'll try it too, especially since the shade range is INCREDIBLE. Sometimes there are not a lot of cool toned offerings, especially since everything is "color correcting". Bare Minerals Original in Fairly Medium is my perfect match for most of the year.

It's an insane number of shades! I was really surprised how many they list on Ulta's site. To me, it was a bit overwhelming. I will be interested in seeing a presentation of this new foundation when/if it comes to QVC.

Super Contributor

For those of you interested in trying it, Ulta is going to be having Bare Mineral MU Artists making appointments to help match people to the right color BarePro Foundation and there's a gift with purchase.  My Ulta, in Northern CA, is having it the last weekend in August, so my guess would be to look for it around then and through September and perhaps early October.  She said there would be more new stuff, but the main focus would be BarePro.  She commented on the shade range being huge as well.

I'd just purchased Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation for a wedding I was going to (wanted a fuller coverage one since I was going to be in a decent amount of pictures) and she said she'd been using it over a light-coverage foundation and liked it a lot that way.  I'm at the point where most powders aren't looking too good on me anymore and I really wish I'd bought the last BE TSV with Complexion Rescue as it looks like it'd be more what I'm looking for these days and would rather try that.  I signed up for the event and signed up my SIL to come with, but am not sure if I'll cancel or not.

Have any of you gone to one of these events at Ulta or Sephora to try a new foundation and if so, what did you think of the experience? I know I'll walk out spending too much if I go, I can go awhile without new foundation though it'd be nice to know what color I am in the newer foundations in case of future TSVs.  With the original, I used to mix 3-4 foundations/summer bisque to get the right match, and it still was a bit off.  I'm glad the colors are expanded! Woman Happy\

Valued Contributor

The salesperson at Ulta said BarePro is replacing Ready.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Would you recommend for dry skin?
Trusted Contributor

I never tried the Ready foundation. I'm a bit interested in this new foundation. Don't NEED it....but some day I most likely will buy it to try it out. If it's ever in a TSV kit, that would really force me to get it LOL.

Is the reason for the talc to make it last longer? The presentation really pushed the long 12 hour wear time. Is there a benefit to adding it?

Honored Contributor

I saw the QVC presentation  and liked the choice of so many shades.  A little concerned about the talc too.  I bought a Laura G. foundation a few months ago and it has talc also.  I did keep it, but wouldn't buy it again.   BE sure comes out with a lot of new foundations now.  I used the original for about 8 years, but then it didn't look good on me anymore so I moved on.

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Dorothy11 wrote:

Bear Minerals was bought by Shiseido several years ago. Hence, all the new products. I do like the Complexion Rescue and Ready eye shadows, but they are definitely moving away from the original basis of the conpany - all natural.

This new BarePRO has talc as the the main ingredient followed by a long list of chemicals. While the problems with talc are debatable- the value is not. You can buy a big container of talcum powder for a few bucks. BM is charging $30 for .33 ounce (Would you pay $90/ounce for baby powder?). I can't imagine that this is any better than cheaper drugstore brands. 

No, I would not pay $90/ounce for baby powder NOR would I apply it to me face as a foundation - not a good look.  Geese.

LOL!  I purchased it, and i really like it.  It is nothing like old BM that ended up everywhere.  It applied to the brush perfectly with no loose residue in the container.   It doesnt look powdery to me.  I dont look like a mime.  My Skin color is very difficult to match but i listened and found my match in Sateen. 005.  With a second swipe i covered veins on my chin and around my nose without any cakiness.  It doesnt have a scent either.  This is for me.  

Frequent Contributor

I purchased this at Ulta because I wanted to get the proper color, which I did.  I love this foundation, I have been testing it for a couple of weeks now, really scrutinizing it.  I have tried it several ways, with BB cream under the application, with serum and primer, with serum and moisturizer.  I have been really paying attention at the end of the day to see if there is any product breakdown, and I have to say there is not!  It looks fantastic (from 6:00 am till 5:00 pm).  The only issue I have (which I have always had no matter what foundation I use) is a bit of shine on my forehead.  I ordered this on auto delivery here at the Q, it is really a great product for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Uglybuster wrote:

I purchased this at Ulta because I wanted to get the proper color, which I did.  I love this foundation, I have been testing it for a couple of weeks now, really scrutinizing it.  I have tried it several ways, with BB cream under the application, with serum and primer, with serum and moisturizer.  I have been really paying attention at the end of the day to see if there is any product breakdown, and I have to say there is not!  It looks fantastic (from 6:00 am till 5:00 pm).  The only issue I have (which I have always had no matter what foundation I use) is a bit of shine on my forehead.  I ordered this on auto delivery here at the Q, it is really a great product for me. 

Are you still enjoying? Does the powder feel drying? My new favorite! Bareskin Mineral Finish powder!! Love the effect. Posted yesterday my experience. Really brightens and dimishes flaws.😍