Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

Morning, it's pouring down rain here but i walked with umbrellea in hand for 2 miles...then did some rebounding but need more to get in my 10,000 steps.

Nomles,  I understand the stressful times. I am still praying something comes along for you.  I know your trying, try and stay positive....

More sick owls are showing up at our Raptor center.   So sad....and people are continuing to try and get photo's...I'm getting so irritated with people.  I may write a letter to the local paper's editor .

Not much happening here, can't do anything outside today...probably some college football...

Take care everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

That's a cozy photo ,Bopper.I don't know how to do those cute things on here.

We just ordered out firewood for the winter.  Can't get through those blustery nights without a cozy fire. 

It rained some here,too.  We need it. DHwalked Angie today.  My back hurt from helping him stack firewood.

Nomless,Bopper,Tony, Cater and anyone I missed have a nice rest of yout weekend.

Bopper sorry again about the owls..they are the most beautiful wonderful creatures I can imagine.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Skylark, with your firewood in order, it sounds like you're ready for winter.  I hope your back feels better soon.

Bopper, another great photo.  I wish my surroundings were equally cozy and comforting.  So sorry about the sick owls.  

I didn't do a workout yesterday, and I might skip today, too. But I'll get back in the swing tomorrow.  I'm watching Cooking on Q day.  I used to enjoy such days in the past because they would bring in new, unique products.  Cool bakeware products, for example.  Now, most of the products seem to be the same old things we often see, and they present the same few products over and over all day.  So cooking day isn't as much fun as it used to be.  But it's a diversion nonetheless.  

WMN, what have you been up to lately?  I hope you're doing well.  

Hi to you, too, Tony and Cater.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday....I walked Logan on the trail after the drizzle stopped and the sun is trying to peak out but everything is pretty wet.  Then helped hubby with some raking...We have so many maple trees and so many leaves...after you finish, the wind blows more leaves down and you can hardly tell we did anything...

Nomless I used to watch cooking day but like you said  you see the same things..we're watching our Lions now...may ride to camp after the game for something to do.

I'm worried about the owls...I guess same thing is happening in Wisconsin too.

Skylark, what are you up to today?  We're 46 here and it's windy so that makes it feel colder.

Tony Taladaga today, should be "interesting" to say the least...Are you into this World series?  I always have to go with the American league.

Waving to everyone whos missing....we truly do miss you !

I'm not good at fancy stuff on the computer either just so you know!  Hahha

Respected Contributor

Morning frosty outside but I enjoyed my walk of about 4 miles..then took Logan on the trail.  Now doing some Total Gym...

Hard to believe October is almost gone,,,,I hope I say that about the whole winter hahaha.

Since I'm following myself here I don't have anything too exciting to say....missing those who used to join us....

Have a blessed day!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Bopper.  Happy Monday.  You did good walking today.

I got back on track today doing 45 min cardio.  Good enough.

I submitted more job apps.  My, it gets tiresome.  

Again, I'm sorry to be brief, but there's just nothing going on here.....

Respected Contributor

Morning, it's Tuesday people and we must get our workouts in.   Did 4 miles outside on a chilly frosty morning...sun is peaking out now before tomorrow's rain settles into the area.  Then took Logan to the trail....he's resting now.

Nomless good job getting that cardio in.  I imagine it is tiresome applying for jobs, don't get down..I know something will come up for you....try and stay positive and know that I pray every day you find something.

Not much else going on here.  World series starts tonight so I'll be watching that...

Have a great day everyone!

coffee animated GIF

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!!

Well, this month went fast!

I have very little to report, a few workouts here and there and some walks. the weather has been all over the place- from freezing to 70- days apart. I'll take anything but snow!

October is always my appointment month- dentist, eye doctor, physical and mammogram all done! I don't care about the new mammogram guidelines- a  lump was found on exam when I was younger- so had mammogram, ultrasound and lumpectomy, no cancer but now mammogram every year.

Bopper- congratulations to your son and Happy  Anniversary! Your Lions try so hard! I didn't get to watch talladega cos I went to the Patriots game. sounds like the end was interesting- I'm waiting to watch cos I recorded it. yes I will be rooting for the American League tho I was hoping for the Cubs to get in.

Nomless- such an up and down with that job. I truly hope it works out for you. I am praying and crossing fingers for you. I see you are still having trouble with  shoes. did you try ryka with the small heel and wide toe box? I find them too light to wear - I like heavy shoes- but I like the fit and I am wearing a pair now for work.

Skylark- glad you still get to walk!

It was 26 this morning when I left to do errands, now they say 70 on Thursday! Crazy!

Keep smiling!

Respected Contributor

I was. All set to do ChsLean when I got a phone call.  Just got done with that and now it's time for dinner, so probably be workout today.

Tony, funny you should mention Ryka because that's what I'm using now.  I dug through my closet and found a pair.  The toes box is definitely better. I'm not sure they have enough arch support, so I put orthotics in them.   They seem to be OK...not great, but they might get me by until I can get something better.  

It's a rainy day here, mid 50s but it feels colder.  Chilly.  The sky looks like snow sky...I'm glad it's too warm for snow.

More job apps today... I must have 30+ out there.  I think the job I turned down is still open.  Sometimes  I think I should take it, but I still think I wouldn't be happy there.   It feels weird to pass it up, though.  

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, rainy and cold here today.  Did 15 miles on my Xbike and walked the trail with Logan.  He was pretty wet when we got back....just nasty outside today.

Nomless still crossing my fingers for all those applications you are sending out...

Tony glad to see you, pretty cool  you went to a race....that baseball game went 14 innings.  I didn't stay up to see the end...to late for me.

Skylark are you doing good and getting outside?

October is almost over, holy cow where does the time go...

Have a wonderful day everyone!