Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

I hoe you and DH like the meatloaf, Bopper.

No workout today, as I was doing interviewing stuff.  I think it went ok but for reasons I won't go into, I hope the job is not offered to me.  I'm kinda bummed tonight.  Oh, well, it is what it is.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone. Haven't been doing too much just my usual walk with Angie everyday.  The weather here was cold but now beautiful but very very dry. 

A cap got loose on my front tooth..our dentist out of town for 2 days.  But I bought that stuff you can use on caps and it worked really well til he got back. Just in case it happens to you!😁

Cubs tonight, I just can't get enthused for them. I grew up on the South side of Chicago and the White Sox are my team. It's crazy I know. My Dad and I would watch the Sox together when I was a child....sweet memories.

Hope you are all good.  Hoping you find exactly what you want jobwise, Nomless.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi, errands and groceries this morning a walk and Total Gym this afternoon.  It's not bad out now, 60.  This morning it was so dark when I went out Had to use the headlights and then it just poured...I mean it was dark like night at 8:30...  

Nomless Sorry about the job interview, I mean you kind of hoping you don't get this one.  I'm still praying you find what you are looking for and you like it.  It's a tough job market out there for sure.   The meatloaf, well Meatloaf 911  hahha..It turned out alright and looked fine in the loaf pan until I tried to get it out of the pan and it all fell apart on the platter.  I sprayed the .loaf pan first too and "plunk" a mound of ground turkey....but I'm doctoring it up for tonights dinner with mashed potato's so hubby will like it.

Skylark, nice to see you and to hear you've been out on your walks too.  I love going in the Fall, with the leaves blanketing my path.

Cater, Tony, Patty, and anyone else wanting to drop in and say hi we sure would welcome you in....Have a wonderful day!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I'm sorry your meatloaf fell apart.  That's disappointing.

I did get a job offer, but dang, I turned it down.  It just wasn't the right job.  I hope I did the right thing.  I'm secodn grading myself, but need to let it go.  There were some things I liked a lot, but other things I didn't.  

It was a crazy day....no time for a workout.

Respected Contributor

Hi, nomless I replied to your post yesterday and I don't see it now.  I'm sorry about the job offer not being what you wanted.  It's OK to turn it down, means something better is coming along for you.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for something to fall into your lap.  I have a feeling it will too.

I walked this morning while the sun was out, it was chilly but pretty.  Now it's cloudy and drizzling out, so good thing I got it done when I did.

I am a bit irritated because people around here are seeing snowy owls lately showing up in several places.  The Owls are sick, they are making their flights across the lake and are tiring as Owls won' t  land in water so they are resting wherever they can and people are trying to take pictures and get to close and I want them to just leave the poor things alone.  We have a Raptor center here that took 2 of the Owls in to care for them and 1 of them didn't make it so I really hope people hear about this and don't try and get too close...people can be so stupid...

Anyways, sorry for going off like that but things like this bother me.

Not much else happening here, so I bid you farewell!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper.  What a shame about the owls.  I've never seen an owl in the wild.  Beautiful, I bet.   Did you salvage the meatloaf?

I did 50 min cardio with yet another pair of shoes, but they are bad, too.  The toe box is too tight, and the ball of my foot hurt when I was walking.   I need to go someplace and get fitted for  new ones, but I hate to spend the $$ now.  

I'm still second guessing myself about that job.  I thought of more questions I should have asked about it.  Thanks for your good wishes, Bopper.

Respected Contributor

Yay...the recruiter called.  That job hasn't been filled.  So I asked him my questions, and he will discuss with client.  Once  have those answers, I'll be able to accept or decline the job with no regrets.  Awesome.

Esteemed Contributor

Bopper, sorry to hear about the owls.  People are such idiots when it comes to wildlife. You're so lucky to have them in your area. 

Nomless, I hope it works out the way you want it too with the job offer.

Took an exra long walk with Angie yesterday and I'm feeling it in my heel today.  I'll do the Gazelle this evening,it's weightless on my heel. Saw the movie The Martian today,liked it. 

Hope you all have a nice weekend. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday everyone!   Just did 3 miles on my treadmill jogging, not running hahaha and it felt good..now onto some weights.

Had good news yesteray ( on our Anniversary) my son got engaged to the love of his life and we are so blessed and so happy to have her in our family...just wanted to share Smiley Happy

Nomless I am happy the recruiter called you..this sounds good, keeping my fingers crossed for you for sure!

Skylark I know what you mean, people are so stupid...I've been telling people because I don't want them to scare the poor bird.

Frosty here today but it's that time.

Enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, congratulations on your anniversary and your son's engagement!   What happy news.

No workout today as I spent the day doing job hunting.  Not fun.  I didn't get a callback about the job I was hoping to negotiate, so that's that.  I'm OK with it now, at least I tried.

Sorry to be so brief, but there's no need here.  Have a fun weekend.