Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

@Mmsfoxxie  Wow!  You're an exercising fool!  I did my two classes today (pound and power) and I guess I'm still a slouch.

@bopper  No FB for me.  I have really tried but my family annoys me so I keep deactivating it.   Is there some way we could find each other on Fitbit?  That would be cool with so many of us having one of the devices.  We could connect online and off and maybe give a forum post prize to the best walker of us all every week.  

I saw my Fitbit choice got moved to a 1/26 from 1/17 ship date.  I'm wondering if that's another advance order.  I didn't get a chance to watch any shows yet today with gym and work.  They better ship out my Fitbit and not cancel it on me or I might jog all the way home to Pennsylvania and not be nice at QVC headquarters.  I want my tracker!      

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, I ordered my Fitbit HR yesterday very early.  Might have been Sunday night.  I ordered the black/blue large for my hubby and black/plum small for me.

Last night I made sure I tuned in for the presentation but, girlfriend, I couldn't watch much.  Rick has a style that makes me look at his hyperactiveness rather than listen to him, lol.  

I'm getting ready to go workout but I'm listening to the company rep and Dan and it's so much better.  I see the video has a lady presenting that I will watch later.

I haven't checked my order status lately but I'm supposed to get ours around the 18th.  If it's late, that's alright because my Fitbit One is nice as well.  Laurie, I'm going to wear them both a few times to see if they are in sync with the steps.  And I was so glad tomhim the rep say it's an activity device, not just a step counter.  An acquaintance of mine was stressing that I needed to do steps in order to have it count.  Not true.  I cant wait to tell her, lol.

Anyway, hang tough, y'all, I'm out the door, into the beautiful light rain (could be snow, right) to do my thing.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  Thanks!  I know in researching it you can also meditate with it and it helps you count your breaths.  I can't wait to try that myself.  Probably be living for it at work.  

I checked my order and it still says I'm a 1/17 ship date so I guess everyone jumped at the lavendar and they now have a second shipment of 1/26.  As long as I get one, I'm good!  

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's rather snowy and a little dicey on the roads.  I decided to get groceries today, I usually go on Wed. but heard it's going to be worse.  Well it was not good at all.  The highway wasn't plowed and it was full of slush so I went about 40 mph..Glad to be home for sure.   Now I"ll ride the bike as soon as I put it all away.

I love the chatter and activitiy here.

Hope you all like your new Fitbits, I liked it too but don't really need another.   I would like to upgrade at some point.

Have a great day everyone!

Image may contain: mountain, sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hope everyone likes their new Charge.  My old one was the older Charge, now I have the Alta.  It's too new for me to bite on this one.  I do miss my stair count though as I do a lot of stairs everyday and miss seeing that high number. 

Doing bedsheets and cleaning...Lucy and I did 5 this morning, it was snowing but has stopped.  Saw another fox.  I got a couple of pictures but they're not good, I was talking to my gf in Va Beach and by the time I switched over to camera, it was running away.  It was really red.  Anyway, no strength training today...too sore from yesterday.  Going to do some yoga though. 

I got my patch jeans from Nordstrom's...love them but too big.  Irritating when you go by what they say and find that isn't true.  I ordered the next 2 sizes down and will go from there...one has to work. Smiley Tongue 

Thanks nomless...I think it will be a good addition.  I always enjoyed rowing at CrossFit and Orange Theory Fitness...it's a great cross-trainer. 

Glad you got home safely bopper. 

I'm waiting on my gf again...she said she wanted to walk around 11:30...um, little past that.  I'm starting to wonder if something isn't wrong with one of her animals...she has two sick ones.  Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

Foxes?  @Iluvlucy, what area do you live?  Very rural?  I can hardly deal with the raccoons, chipmunks and squirrels around here, lol.  I had an angry thread here once about how the darlings ate the wiring in my car when I used to park in the driveway.  Turns out that some cars made in the last few years have wiring made with some soy substance that they like to chew on.

Well, I did two whole classes and half of the Zumba.  I should have finished it because I came home to nothing.  When I passed the Subway restaurant about a mile from my house, I noticed that they were closed.  Hmmmm.  Then I turn into my Village and I see the same two ComEd trucks parked from when I left.  That's when I wondered if something was up.  I get to my house and the garage door wouldn't react to my door opening.  No electricity!

So I fumbled through my keys trying to figure out which key is for the top and which is for the bottom.  I have different color nail polish on them but it's been so lazy night since I used them I couldn't remember which color went with which lock, lol.  Thank goodness nothing was after me cause they would have got me.

I was hungry so I thought...I'll heat up some chicken vegetable soup from the other day.  Forgot that no electricity means no stove that works and no hot water for a shower.  Boy, the things we take for granted.  Being very girly, I texted my husband.....like he could do something, lol.  Lucky for me, the electricity came back on after about 40 minutes.  But for Subway to close by 12:30, it must have been off all morning.  Matter of fact that ComEd truck had been there when I left at 9 am.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Morning everyone! 

Mmsfoxxie...kind of rural, hard to explain.  We live on an island that borders the Potomac River and National Parks....I have about 60 miles of hiking trails/woods right out my front door, don't have to drive.  People travel here to hike.  I saw the fox on the golf course but we have them in our neighborhood too.  Lots of deer, hawks, eagles, fox, etc...I think I see more in the neighborhood and along the golf course than I ever do in the woods for some reason!   But we have a ton of shopping and restaurants failry close in the other direction...best of both worlds. Also not too far from DC so there's all that has to offer. 

I ran/power-walked 11-miles yesterday....my gf and I did a fast, long one yesterday afternoon then finished it off with the hills that are butt-burners. 

nomless and bopper...I see the word "chatter" and think of something else given dh's line of work..lol. 

Has anyone tried the zero calorie Miracle Noodles?  I made spaghetti with them the night before last.  They aren't horrible by any means, really don't have any taste...it's the texture that is the toughest to overcome.  You have to prepare them correctly or they're really mushy...I read online how to do it. 

I see we're getting another ice storm this weekend....rain today.  My gf in Montana is -22* reg temp, -42* windchill again this morning.  And she still gets out and does her thing...she's curaazy. Smiley Tongue 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy, where you live sounds beautiful and serene.

Have you tried spaghetti squash?  It's bland, too.  Not lately, but I've used it in place of spaghetti.  Love it.

We're going to see Hidden Figures this morning.  We love matinees because the price is better and there's a whole lot less people.  I might go workout this afternoon.  Usually, I don't follow through on afternoon workout plans.  Laziness takes over, lol.  Until I retired, I didn't realize how much of a morning person I am.

Everyone enjoy your day.

Honored Contributor

Caught a Fitbit show last night and I'm really excited to get mine.  Can't wait to start walking around the woods again and tracking myself.

Too bad mine was an automatic advance order even with the presale so it won't be here until the end of the month.  I'm really itching for it so I can shake up my routine.  I need to change it up.  I'm not going anywhere again.  It's time to start walking and/or finding a treadmill again for a few runs a week.

I shouldn't type it but my gym hasn't been overly horrible for January, yet.  I go at 5am so that may be part of it but, even then, we usually get a crowd and though we've had more than usual no one has claimed my space or encroached upon it, yet.  

Hope everyone has a great day!  Smiley Happy    

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, we did have a winter wonderland today, I was out on the snowshoes and it was quite breath taking.  Been snowing all day, need to snow blow and shovel again.

Kind of having a hard day, my dad is having health issues again so it really brings me down. Could ya all pray for " Boppers"  dad please, I really would appreciate it.

Making a stir fry for dinner, not really any appetite but hopefully it will taste okay.

Iluvlucy your area sounds absolutely wonderful you really do have the best of both worlds.

Laura, foxxie and nomless waving to you all!