Respected Contributor

Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Bought a new treadmill this year for myself.  I put it in my living room so I have no excuses.  I feel I'm in a good spot now - walking dog or dogs an hour in morning.  At 3:00 I get on my treadmill for 1/2 hour and jog/walk.  In the evening while watching TV I use my kettlebell and work on my arms.  I'm 64 and feel this has been a great routine for me.  I actually wake up with my stomach growling now.  I see a difference in how my pants are fitting.  I do this M-Thurs and Saturday, take Friday and Sunday off.  Think this is something I can stick with.  Happy New Year!

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody, have a nice day,

Image result for new year's day 2017 animated images

Respected Contributor

Bopper, how does you dad like the Berkshire aheets?

Lucy, how are you doing?

@hoosieroriginal, you have a great program going!  Thanks for posting, hope you'll do so again.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  New Year new You right?   Well we hope so anyways!  

I just did my Proform bike while watching a movie and some on my Bodygym, will walk Logan this afternoon.  We h ave a severe weather advisory too for freezing rain and snow and then by the end of the week highs of 10 and lows around 0!

Hoosier you have a great program in the works, lots of movement.  That sound real good!  Welcome here, nice to have new folks to inspire us to do more things.

Nomless dad loves his sheets.    I mean he never loves anything, hard to please him but he loves these sheets.  It was a huge SCORE!

Iluvlucy hoping you have turned a corner and are doing better.  It's been so rough for you the last several days or even more than several.  It has to turn around for you now.

Cater, how are you doing, and Judy come over and say hi!  Foxxie you doing alright and hanging in?

Guess I better shower, I was going to take down some of my decorations today.  Won't take long though I don't have many things up.  I like the tree up though and it isn't in the way so I may leave it a bit longer.  I especially like it at night.

Have a great day!

Image may contain: sky, tree, twilight, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

Respected Contributor

Yay, Bopper, that your dad lives the sheets!

Honored Contributor

Lol, I must remember that I have a bike in my bedroom!  It's become blended with the walls.  Thanks for the reminder.

I'm determined to get out and start my workouts again today.  I haven't exercised since last Tuesday.  This cold has had me physically drained not to mention that I didn't want to contaminate anybody or get the stink eye, lol.  Unfortunately, by the time you think you're getting a cold, you've already been contagious a day or two.

Enjoy your day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning everyone, there is a light snow falling right now and it's not cold about 30 so I went walking outside.  Did 4 miles.   I have to find a better boot though.  I had to wear my clunker Sorels because my shoe/hiking boots cause me to get sore toe nails like they are bruised.  I need a wide toe box and not side to side but up and down so the Sorels give me that but they are too heavy... Maybe I"ll look into Men's hiking boots..

Now eating an orange and drinking water.   We are supposed to get down to 10 by Friday and lows around 0 or below 0 so I had to get out before this next Arctic blast hits.

I hope everyone is moving their bodies some how and having a good start to the new Year.

No automatic alt text available.

Honored Contributor

Four miles outside walking, @bopper.  Good Girl!  Go on with your bad self, lol.  I remember one year when I walked to our voting place and it was in the upper twenties which wasn't cold either after I walked a few minutes.  I don't think I'd do it now, though, lol.

I did my body sculpting class and a flexibility class today.  Had a little coughing in the middle of the flexibility class but other than that I survived without incident.  I didn't have water with me so I had to put shoes on and walk into the hall where the fountain was.  That room is the only one without a water fountain.  But it's the best cold water ever.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's mighty cold here, wind chill is minus 9 but it's cold in many places so you just the best you can.  We burn wood in an old wood stove so we are very warm and toasty. 

I 've cleaning and baking for my husbands birthday today.  Going to dinner tonight unless the highway gets bad then we'll stay in.

Logan likes the cold though as long as it isn't below zero with a wind chill, then he lifts his paws.  I may take him for a short walk.

I have not much more to report today, just cleaning...haven't worked out  other than did some stretching as I feel really tight today.

Wishing you all a great day!

Image may contain: text and nature