Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

@Laura14 - if we're talking about the same thing, I'm not a free bird yet.  After the first of the year.  Will let you know for sure!

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  Thought I'd better check in before I got in another meeting.  Had my trainer workout this morning.  Some weeks, it is literally the only workout I get in besides teaching LaBlast.  This week I've been pretty good--did LaBlast with my favorite instructor in person and then had a dance lesson yesterday.  Will teach LaBlast tomorrow.

I have a doctor's appointment clear across town 1st thing in the morning, so that's a bummer. But it's the last one of the year!

Hope you all have a good day.  I will be out all next week on a cruise with my mom.  Fingers crossed we don't catch any covid or influenza.  I told her to bring masks and I will make sure she wears them when we are in public areas.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, taking a rest day.  I've hit it hard for a while now and felt it was time so I won't get injured or burned out.  I did walk the trail in the snow and it was 15 degrees but very pretty.  Not really doing much of anything today and it's okay.  

Apparently RSV, the flu and Covid are running rampid.   I don't go anywhere anymore.  Feel like a hermit but I have no desire to go either. 

Sun is out now at least

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

@bopper, you are echoing my sentiments exactly!  You have to use wise judgement in where you go.  Yet, realize time is not waiting for covid and other airborne viruses to go away.  I went to my brother's funeral but not my nephew's because I assumed (rightly) that it would be crowded.  Two of my Red Hatter groups are combining for a Christmas party.  I chose not to go because I know the establishment will have us ten to a table.  Maybe next year I'll think differently but for right now, this is me.

Gonna ride my stationary bike this morning for at least 30 minutes.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Just got back from the skin check doctor.

I think that's the last time I'm going. Used to be in and out and now it's an hour wait for a five minute check. Some of us have employers waiting on us.

Anyway, I have noticed a real issue with my fitness tracker since I've been wearing it almost one year now. The skin has always looked irritated underneath but, as I was waiting for the doctor, I have noticed that the identation that I thought was the band is actually the layer of I guess a bit of fat underneath my skin where the tracker lays that has completely moved away. There is an indentation of regular arm to nothing under the skin to regular arm again. 

Obviously the scanner is irritating subcutaneously as well. Amazon is about to charge me for it and the regular band holder snapped a couple weeks ago so it's time to give it up.  I may wear it for certain things but it's going away for a while to rehab my arm.

The only thing I think I'll miss is the sleep tracking.  I did like that a lot.

I feel like I have been rushing forever and I am exhausted. I have been doing my weight workouts but have skipped the yoga. I'll try and get back to that this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good one.    

Trusted Contributor

Good Saturday morning. Coming to you with  a question of sorts. This morning I ordered from the Q - V46276- Homedics stretching mat.. Do you any of you have it.? It gets decent reviews and  I am hoping  I will use it daily.  I know I need to stretch more and as you know- have a love / hate relationship with  yoga. Thought I would try since it's a free shipping this weekend.  And I will have a month or so try it and can send back if not for me.  I used easy payments so not initally a big splurge. 

I have been  suspect of the Homedic brand , but on reports I could  find online- they do give the brand a thumbs up. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Usual weekend exercising- walking or biking if weather is decent.

And slowly putting out a few  holiday decorations..  Nothing elaborate.

Respected Contributor

Saturday Sweat Session was total body with Total gym and dumbells and then a Christmas spin on the bike.. 

I haven't seen the homedics mat but I will go look at it. 

I am hardly doing any decorating.  Slim pencil tree is up and some greens and my Luminara lanterns and thats it.  Dad loved Christmas and it's still pretty fresh so this is all I can do.

Keep moving!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!  Almost took off but got my rear in gear and did a 30 minute spin and then football and my Lions won!! 

Light snow falling but not to cold 34.  

New week so plan ahead to get in those workouts.  If you have a plan, it helps to stay consistent.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group!  Hope all is well.

I went to my health club yesterday.  Walked the track.  No machines.  Hardly anybody is there on Sundays which is why I chose it as my re-entry day.  Today, I'm gonna ride my exercise bike.  Not much but it's something. 

Have a beautiful, peaceful day!

I'm gonna put my wreath up but no tree....it's in the basement and too difficult to bring up those stairs. Getting older without younger people around to help you means minimizing your life...unless you're rich enough to pay somebody for everything, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I finally broke down and put out the nativity set and my stocking.  Threw a couple festive shirts on the stuffed animals and I'm calling it a Holiday Season.  Smiley LOL

I have proudly done nothing for the past couple days. Worked my butt off on some personal dreams.  Might try to get in something after work today. Definitely will be doing weights tomorrow if not tonight.