Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

No photo description available.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

@bopper 

Pretty picture. Thanks for getting us started for April.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Its Saturday morning, still March.  It's been a minute but I just finished the 27 Minute Detroit Motown Workout on YouTube.  The site is called Reps to the Rhythm and it's great.  He works out with his mother and it's always great.  Somehow I had forgot about him.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Pretty pic to start the month..  Thanks @bopper 

Yesterday I went to a nature area.. it's what I call flatland hiking and I got in 3 miles!! All day I clocked 7500 steps.. Getting close to my ole 10,000 and then more..  My hip was a little sore by days' end- but tolerable. I saw lots of birds and the Osprey are nesting with babies and the cranes ( blue herons) are begnning to return..  

Easter dinner was just DH and me.. Low key.. I didn't do sugar damage- I did have a little ice cream though.

Unusual for us- it's raining this morning.. April showers right on cue.

@kate2357 and @Laura14 - I am looking into new Merrell shoes.. I want them to be good for walking and hiking. I may need to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy them and a new pr. of HOKAs.. HA!

Esteemed Contributor

Ahh, April is here and we are having a few pleasant days before cool and wet cruddy weather return. I have to say my December yardwork has made cleanup much quicker this spring. I still have more to do, but I am pleased with what I did get done.

@violetrunner
I have Merrell hiking shoes and they are great. I have both their shoe style and hiking boots. Both are several years old. I think Merrill makes a good, practical shoe/boot.

Couldn't sleep and I have been up since 3 am. Ugh. Dh has his 6 week follow-up this am and I am unclear on status of his recovery. He still has very limited range of motion.

Since I was up I got on treadmill for a slow 45 minute jog. That may be extent of what I get in today.

Hope everyone has a nice 1st day of April.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

I jumped on the bike and did a 30 minute Ride class. Get in a little bit of yoga and then I may call it a day with the exception of a walk around the block later.

It feels good to get back into a real routine. New month, new start.

@violet runner You go girl! I knew you would be outclassing me in a matter of weeks and there you go. I will need to step it up even more. I am so grateful you are getting back to health.

My mother aggravated her sciatic nerve again yesterday after months of getting it healed. All because my sisters don't know how to handle their dogs after 7 years. I am so aggravated. I could just tell she was back to her old self and getting mobile again and now she has a trip to Florida (6 hour drive) to caretake her husband who is going through radiation for several weeks. I am so angry.

It's scary watching her suffer now that she is older. She was trying to be brave and not ruin Easter, but I know she was about to cry that she's going to be in pain for however long this takes again over a stupid, ridiculous dog fight that everyone knows happens if you throw the dogs together right out of the box.  

Anyway, vent over. I wish I could do more to help her. 

Have a great week all! 

Respected Contributor

Happy April everyone!!   While it is the first day of April we are under a winter storm warning for this week!!   Then by the weekend it will warm up some..

Yesterday I really stayed off social media.   Took a ride to the lake and saw the first Ore Freighter in the harbor, a for sure sign spring is on the way here.

I have Merrell hiking boots and shoes.  I do have to order wides in them just so you know.  

@kate2357 prayers for Jack on his follow up today!  I certainly understand you not getting any sleep, so much on your mind.

@Laura14 sciaticia is so miserable and for myself it's almost always there, just some days not as bad.   My son has it also.

I feel like a slug and not moving from my chair right now and I know I should get going.  I'm not a morning person I guess but I hate working out in the afternoon too.   

Here's to a good month for health, happiness, and laughter!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Cloudy and kinda muggy this morning.  And of course, I decide to flat iron my hair.  Ha!

I have my two month follow visit with my endocrinologist this mornin.  I'm gonna give her reasons why I want off of this Metformin and she's gonna tell me that I seem to be doing ok.  I say that because there is a weigh loss of about eight pounds.  But, imo, that's do to a change in eating habits (although I've been nibbling on graham crackers too much this week).  All I want her to do is tell me how to wean myself off of the medication since my research says not to stop abruptly.  I'm sure she'll order an A1C test done.  If my number is not down, I'll be shocked.  All these doctors and I have a problem with all of them.  This endocrinologist told me on my last appointment that my time was up so she couldn't address everything so this morning I know to get straight to the point.  Twenty minutes, madam, twenty minutes!!  My tiredness wasn't even addressed.  She did say that do to my being old, SHE would not prescribe anything.  Metformin has been around for years and blah, blah, blah.

Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@bopper
I don't like doing exercise in afternoon either. I like to move outside, like running or gardening, but prefer to do it prior to a big meal. As for being a slug, I am right there with you. It's 3 pm and I just have no energy.

@Mmsfoxxie
I believe we need to be an advocate for our own health. I hope your doctor listened to you and that your #'s come back good.

Re: Jack's follow-up...omg...at least another 12-16 weeks before he can get in a regular car. Doctor said he is on schedule for recovery, it just takes that long to heal. All this time just to get in a car to go to more pt to strengthen his one leg. This means he has months before he can restart pt for his prosthetic leg.

I am weary beyond belief for Jack and myself.

Sorry for my pity party. It was not news I expected. We will get thru this, but usnt it time for good news?
Honored Contributor

@kate2357, it's not a pity party, it's called releasing your anxieties out of your body.  More room out in the atmosphere.  Do it as often as you need to.  Glad everything is on the positive side although slow.

Oh, my numbers are normal again....no prediabetes!  But I was warned that you can't go by just one month.  I can stop the. Metformin as long as I keep eating correctly.  She was glad I was down eight pounds but heck, I did that in the first three weeks in February.  Been eating the same with no change on the scale. Oh, well.