Esteemed Contributor

my podiatrist recommended Vicks for psoriasis on my feet....really?!  has anyone had success with this treatment?  also...have you tried other Vick's scents that aren't so strong....thank you....

Honored Contributor

@nana59 

Yes, I have heard of this treatment, and know of 2 people who tried it with great success.   

One used Vicks in the jar, and the other used Vicks in the lotion like tube.   With both, the before and after pictures were amazing.   

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@nana59 

Yes, I have heard of this treatment, and know of 2 people who tried it with great success.   

One used Vicks in the jar, and the other used Vicks in the lotion like tube.   With both, the before and after pictures were amazing.   

that's so encouraging...thank you....

Valued Contributor

Well I will just say this. Anybody who has grown up in a Hispanic Family like myself. Vicks was the Cure for Everything Lol!! Woman Wink 

Valued Contributor

I haven't personally tried it; however, I've heard countless success stories. 

Vicks has a lavender scent. It certainly smells like Vicks, but less mild. I haven't picked up a strong lavender scent with it, albeit, I've been stuffy most of the times I've opened it. 

Valued Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

Well I will just say this. Anybody who has grown up in a Hispanic Family like myself. Vicks was the Cure for Everything Lol!! Woman Wink 

@cactusgal 

There is an article titled “40 Uses For Vicks”.  Very interesting 

Honored Contributor

@nana59 

Vicks is also a great treatment for those awful bright purple bruises that occur as we get older.

Rub some Vicks on them and they disappear much more quickly, my Derm recommended it and it really works!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Count me as a believer in Vicks for many things; haven't needed it for feet. I use it inside my nose when air is very dry.

Valued Contributor

Re: Vicks on Feet?

[ Edited ]

@nana59 yes Vicks on your feet will help with congestion.  I put on socks after putting Vicks on feet.  One caution, if you get in the shower with any trace of Vicks on your feet, you will be prone to slip.  I found out the hard way.  Best to you.    

Honored Contributor

@patbz  have you ever tried coconut oil for dry nose? it works great and i use it all the time and it is non toxic.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller