Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ugh! My doctor wants me to get a Covid test

Perhaps it depends upon who performs the test. I have Asthma and every few years they make me redo my lung function test. I was fine with waiting till next year but my doctor was not. Before, they would perform my lung function test, I had to take a COVID test 5 days before the procedure and have a negative test result. I had heard such horror stories, that I was not looking forward to the test at all.

It was nothing. Once it was time for my test, she had me tip my head back open my mouth and stick one swab to touch the back of my throat, twirled it around and stuck it in a tube,  and then she had me look straight ahead and stuck a long Q-Tip though my nose very slowly until it reached the back of my throat twirled it a few times and it was done. It took me longer to type this then it took for the test it was that quick, and painless. 

I gave a blood a few weeks ago, and the blood bank is testing all donations to see if they have COVID antibodies, I will be intersted in those results. Supposedly it takes two weeks, so I hope to hear one way or the other by next week. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ugh! My doctor wants me to get a Covid test

@ahoymate wrote:

Nasal / throat testing is the gold standard for COVID19 testing. Saliva not as accurate.

@ahoymate 

I did not know this. This was the test that I had performed in early July.