Trusted Contributor

Re: Supplements Berberine and Garcinia

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Trinity11 @SilleeMee 

Just wanted to let you know that I'm sitting here eating Cheezits with my healthy salad. 🤫 Wonder if they balance each other out?

Absolutely!! 

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Trinity11 @SilleeMee 

Just wanted to let you know that I'm sitting here eating Cheezits with my healthy salad. 🤫 Wonder if they balance each other out?

@shoesnbags 

You betcha! 😋

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! 

@SilleeMee 

I ordered the Berberine you suggested. I already had it in my cart at Amazon. Just wasn't sure which one to try. I'm not going to try the Garcinia. I take Sertraline and I read that it's not good to take them together. Thanks again!🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Starpolisher 

Hope it works well for you.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Natural solutions appeal to me over an Rx. I hope it works.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Natural solutions appeal to me over an Rx. I hope it works.

It's interesting that both metformin and berberine are made from plants. They both work in a very similar way to reduce blood sugar. The FDA has been researching berberine for several years now and they are looking at berberine to be used as a Rx drug to treat both blood sugar and cholesterol metabolism issues. Berberine helps lower LDL and raise HDL cholesterol plus lowers A1C at the same time.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Would you happen to know if Berberine has any

known negative side effects or if it intereacts with any medications?  Is it okay to use, if you don't have a blood sugar issue? Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@SilleeMee  Would you happen to know if Berberine has any

known negative side effects or if it intereacts with any medications?  Is it okay to use, if you don't have a blood sugar issue? Thanks

@Enufstuff @SilleeMee 

I started taking Berberine about 2 years ago to help control my cholesterol and have not noticed any negative side effects. I take it in conjunction with a low dose of a statin. Berberine has not caused any weightloss for me...but then I don't want/need to lose any weight.

Not a doc, so can't speak to any impact for anyone else. I did tell my primary what I was doing and why and she did not yell at me. My numbers came back great within 3 months of the statin/Berberine combo.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take Berberine for a natural alternative to hypertension meds.  Thanks @SilleeMee as this brand is less expensive and I will only use veggie caps and organic!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher wrote:

I'm looking to purchase these two supplements to aide with keeping my blood sugars low and weight loss. I'd like them to be 1000mg each. Can anyone recommend a good brand without anything extra in them? @SilleeMee,  @Shelbelle  Could use your help here! TIA, Starr

@Starpolisher  Don't overlook that Ceylon Cinnamon is also supposed to help with blood sugar too  This is the Berberine supplement I have on an Amazon subscription.  It doesn't have a lot of additives but does have the Ceylon Cinnamon included.

IMG_2457.jpeg