Honored Contributor

Recall of raw carrots. Petite, baby, rainbow, shredded. Possible salmonella

[ Edited ]

Various carrot products are recalled from Grimway Farms and others including Bunny Luv, Cal-Organic and O Organics. Some other products, chunked carrots and shredded were sent to food distributors. These products are not included in the table on the FDA page.  Organic carrots are included in this recall. This recall includes rainbow carrots, petite carrots, shredded carrots. Some are in 12 Lb bags and some in much smaller sizes. The carrots are raw. Even though there are supposed to be product photos I could not find any at the company website. Maybe they have not been posted yet. There's possible Salmonella contamination. This recall notice does not mention all states where these carrots are sold.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/grimmway-farms-voluntarily-recal...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recall of raw carrots. Petite, baby, rainbow, shredded. Possible salmonella

@Mindy D  Thank you again for a recall alert.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your postings when I see your name, I think of it as a Must Read.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Mindy D 

I'm in California, and O Organics is a Safeway store house brand.

I bought a one-pound bag of baby organic carrots yesterday but they have a different code beginning number (193 instead of the 195-197 mentioned in the article and a few days earlier expiration date). I think I might toss them just in case. 

O Organics Organic Peeled Baby-cut Carrots

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Thank you, @Mindy D 

I'm in California, and O Organics is a Safeway store house brand.

I bought a one-pound bag of baby organic carrots yesterday but they have a different code beginning number (193 instead of the 195-197 mentioned in the article and a few days earlier expiration date). I think I might toss them just in case. 

O Organics Organic Peeled Baby-cut Carrots

@GingerPeach @Thanks for posting the photo. Why not take a picture of your receipt and carrots and ask for a refund next time you're in your grocery store. You're wise to not eat them. There have been so many of the recalls that were expanded. Just because the lot number of your bag isn't included now does not mean that it won't be included later. 

Honored Contributor

I totally DESPISE store bought carrots!! They taste absolutely horrible. They don't even taste like carrots. I only buy local grown. Delicious!

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

Thank you for this information!  I haven't heard about this one yet. What's going on lately with all of these recalls lately?  Just in the last week, I've heard about sunscreen having a carcinogen in it, Tyson chicken recall, and Bright Farms salads.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, baby carrots in the bag are usually on my shopping list, but not at this time!