Respected Contributor

Re: ORTHOPEDIC VISIT FOR MOM

@cheriere I was sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully, the doctor will have good news and a simple fix.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@cheriere ---We old people Woman Wink just need to STOP FALLING DOWN!!!!  I keep telling myself that--we don't bounce like we used to. Yes, the pain was not fun --I didn't get a cast but a soft splint--- had a plate and screws to hold everything in place and went to p/t for a few weeks. But it healed nicely and is back to normal, more or less--keep us posted

Lol, that's exactly what she said about falling.  What she's really concerned about is driving.  Do you know how long it takes before that's allowed?

@cheriere Did you mean how long are they allowed to drive? In my mother's case when she was ready to renew her license at 90 the doctor said absolutely not! She had Macular Degeneration and I made sure she hadn't been behind the wheel since her mid 80's. It was hard  because she really wanted to renew her license. Everyone is different, depends on the eyesight I think.

No, I was meaning if they do surgery or cast her wrist.  That's one of the things she's concerned about lol.  In her defense, she is a great driver.  She's just hoping this won't prevent her from being able to go to the store and stuff.😃

@cheriere Sorry, I misunderstood Woman Happy

lol, no biggie.  It's funny the things people get on their mind when they're hurt.  She keeps wondering about this.😃❤️

@cheriere You know what, I would probably think the same way Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@cheriere I was sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully, the doctor will have good news and a simple fix.

Thank you so much.❤️

I'm hoping the same for her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@cheriere ---We old people Woman Wink just need to STOP FALLING DOWN!!!!  I keep telling myself that--we don't bounce like we used to. Yes, the pain was not fun --I didn't get a cast but a soft splint--- had a plate and screws to hold everything in place and went to p/t for a few weeks. But it healed nicely and is back to normal, more or less--keep us posted

Lol, that's exactly what she said about falling.  What she's really concerned about is driving.  Do you know how long it takes before that's allowed?

@cheriere Did you mean how long are they allowed to drive? In my mother's case when she was ready to renew her license at 90 the doctor said absolutely not! She had Macular Degeneration and I made sure she hadn't been behind the wheel since her mid 80's. It was hard  because she really wanted to renew her license. Everyone is different, depends on the eyesight I think.

No, I was meaning if they do surgery or cast her wrist.  That's one of the things she's concerned about lol.  In her defense, she is a great driver.  She's just hoping this won't prevent her from being able to go to the store and stuff.😃

@cheriere Sorry, I misunderstood Woman Happy

lol, no biggie.  It's funny the things people get on their mind when they're hurt.  She keeps wondering about this.😃❤️

@cheriere You know what, I would probably think the same way Smiley Happy

To tell the truth, I would too.😃

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere 

Wishing your mom well and hope surgery is not an option for her sake and hope that her wrist heals soon and without too much discomfort. Good luck and best wishes to her.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Sending prayers.

❤️ thank you so very much 

Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@cheriere 

Wishing your mom well and hope surgery is not an option for her sake and hope that her wrist heals soon and without too much discomfort. Good luck and best wishes to her.

I really appreciate that.❤️

I'm hoping for the same.❤️

Frequent Contributor

Hi, inwas an X-ray tech for 50 years. It looks like she broke her radius. The larger of the 2 bones. The one on the left. You can see a little divit in the bone. It does not looked displaced so I think a cast would be all she needs. Good luck to her. Hope it's just a cast.

Valued Contributor

@cheriere prayers for you and your Mom!