Esteemed Contributor

Re: ORTHOPEDIC VISIT FOR MOM

@wagirl wrote:

@cheriere ---We old people Woman Wink just need to STOP FALLING DOWN!!!!  I keep telling myself that--we don't bounce like we used to. Yes, the pain was not fun --I didn't get a cast but a soft splint--- had a plate and screws to hold everything in place and went to p/t for a few weeks. But it healed nicely and is back to normal, more or less--keep us posted

Lol, that's exactly what she said about falling.  What she's really concerned about is driving.  Do you know how long it takes before that's allowed?

Honored Contributor

Sending Prayers of Hope and Healing

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@cheriere ---We old people Woman Wink just need to STOP FALLING DOWN!!!!  I keep telling myself that--we don't bounce like we used to. Yes, the pain was not fun --I didn't get a cast but a soft splint--- had a plate and screws to hold everything in place and went to p/t for a few weeks. But it healed nicely and is back to normal, more or less--keep us posted

Lol, that's exactly what she said about falling.  What she's really concerned about is driving.  Do you know how long it takes before that's allowed?

@cheriere Did you mean how long are they allowed to drive? In my mother's case when she was ready to renew her license at 90 the doctor said absolutely not! She had Macular Degeneration and I made sure she hadn't been behind the wheel since her mid 80's. It was hard  because she really wanted to renew her license. Everyone is different, depends on the eyesight I think.

Trusted Contributor

Hope your Mother has good news and no surgery is required.  She might have to be mindful and patient while her wrist heals, but it's better than surgery.

Regular Contributor

Sending good vibes for your mom.

My intellectually disabled sis fell the other day and when I found out I took her to ER.  Her wrrist is broken, Waiting for a call from the doctor that repaired the wrist she broke last year.   Wish me good luck.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@cheriere Did you mean how long are they allowed to drive? In my mother's case when she was ready to renew her license at 90 the doctor said absolutely not! She had Macular Degeneration and I made sure she hadn't been behind the wheel since her mid 80's. It was hard  because she really wanted to renew her license. Everyone is different, depends on the eyesight I think.

No, I was meaning if they do surgery or cast her wrist.  That's one of the things she's concerned about lol.  In her defense, she is a great driver.  She's just hoping this won't prevent her from being able to go to the store and stuff.😃

Esteemed Contributor

@Pezzie 

Thank you so much for sending good healing wishes.  It really means a lot to me.❤️🌸

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

No, I was meaning if they do surgery or cast her wrist.  That's one of the things she's concerned about lol.  In her defense, she is a great driver.  She's just hoping this won't prevent her from being able to go to the store and stuff.😃

@cheriere Sorry, I misunderstood Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@scruffsmom wrote:

Sending good vibes for your mom.

My intellectually disabled sis fell the other day and when I found out I took her to ER.  Her wrrist is broken, Waiting for a call from the doctor that repaired the wrist she broke last year.   Wish me good luck.   

Thank you for the well wishes.❤️

I hope your sis heals quickly and as pain free as possible.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@cheriere Sorry, I misunderstood Woman Happy

lol, no biggie.  It's funny the things people get on their mind when they're hurt.  She keeps wondering about this.😃❤️