Respected Contributor

I am looking for a simple TV to use with my FIrestick. (no cable) I don't watch much and I so not like all the bells and whistles that come with new electronics.  Is there such a thing as a "simple" TV anymore?

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl    You might have better luck if you'd have the mods move your thread to the Electronics Forum.

I recently shopped for  a smallish 24-32" TV.  Didn't see anything but "smart TVs".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

Check your local pawn shops

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor
  1. @bargainsgirlAs @Mz iMac suggested pawn shops and you may want to check out estate sales.
Honored Contributor

I think all TV's now are smart.  But don't let that deter you.  Buy a basic model, plug in an antenna or your Firestick, and you're good to go.  Don't worry about the 99% of stuff you'll never use. 

Honored Contributor

Get a smart tv. Prices have come down a lot. I've seen them for a pittance compared to what they used to cost. If you have internet, you won't need a Firestick or anything else because you can get it on your tv. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I am looking for a simple TV to use with my FIrestick. (no cable) I don't watch much and I so not like all the bells and whistles that come with new electronics.  Is there such a thing as a "simple" TV anymore?

@bargainsgirl @I found a lot of non smart TVs online. They are also called dumb TVs. Try putting both terms into the google search bar to find them. Some are made by a brand called Sceptre, but there were other brands too. They were being sold by many places, including Amazon and Best Buy. Prices are low. There were also articles discussing them. IT IS NOT TRUE THAT ALL TVS ARE SMART TVS NOW.

Honored Contributor

Check out TCL brand of Tvs. They are easy to set up, not expensive and good quality. Highly rated, too.

Honored Contributor

Im looking for a small tv for our bedroom. Everything seems to be Smart TV now. Our living room TV is a Smart TV and it really was nice to have when our DVR stopped working recently! Could go from HDMI to SmartCast and still had plenty to watch until we got the DVR replaced 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Regular Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl @I found a lot of non smart TVs online. They are also called dumb TVs. Try putting both terms into the google search bar to find them. Some are made by a brand called Sceptre, but there were other brands too. They were being sold by many places, including Amazon and Best Buy. Prices are low. There were also articles discussing them. IT IS NOT TRUE THAT ALL TVS ARE SMART TVS NOW.

I have a Sceptre (dumb) TV I got from Amazon years ago, a 32" one. It's still working great in my bedroom and I even dropped it during my move to the lake last year. I'd never heard of Sceptre when I bought it but they're more known for PC monitors. This Sceptre has outlasted my more expensive LG.