Honored Contributor

Re: Need advice on dealing with a bad patient/family issues

@maestra  I'm considering moving to the Midwest which is further than that.  Definite plane trip!  

Honored Contributor

Gee, did your Mom ever say no to you?  I think your Mom wants a slave and she certainly has one. It is time to grow up.(Both of you)

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

Gee, did your Mom ever say no to you?  I think your Mom wants a slave and she certainly has one. It is time to grow up.(Both of you)

@Group 5 minus 1  I really hope when you are going through a trying time in your own life, someone is kinder to you than this.  And this response is a first rate example of the maturity which you seem to think is missing.  I agree it is missing but not on this end.      

Honored Contributor

HUGE thank you to everyone who responded with thoughts and help and advice.  I really feel much better today even though things are still yucky and it's because of the kindness of strangers who told me to put my head down and get through it the best I know how with some tips and tricks.

Thank you, thank you.  It is an honor to post here with you guys.  You have once again been beyond helpful to me.  Heart  

Honored Contributor

We have gone through trying times w/both

our Moms. Why is it that sons are never asked to do this?

We also have made plans for recovery at a rehab place.

Another thing:If this Mom and the man are legally married,he should be involved in these 

decisions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

Another thing:If this Mom and the man are legally married,he should be involved in these 

decisions.

That's another thing to ponder @Laura14 --- doesn't sound like your Mom's marriage is very stable --- what if her husband bails and "something" happens to Mom where she needs "care" --- would you have to move back? Or would you want to --- ? Or would your sisters take care of her?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillowwrote:

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

decisions.

That's another thing to ponder @Laura14 --- doesn't sound like your Mom's marriage is very stable --- what if her husband bails and "something" happens to Mom where she needs "care" --- would you have to move back? Or would you want to --- ? Or would your sisters take care of her?

@YorkieonmyPillow  My mother has left him and moved into my home more times than I can count which has caused a lot of the "house" issues.  She has let me know that she is financially set for life so no issues there. 

My two sisters actually live right there; one six houses down and the other around the corner.  I would not move back and give up my life again. 

Both of my sisters are upper middle class and financially stable.  I am the lone working poor and I have given up most of my life to taking care of my sisters when we were younger and then taking care of my mother and her property most of my adult life. 

I actually thought about it this morning after my baby sister made that fuss yesterday about not doing my share to help the family.  Barring three years of college and three years on my own before I was asked to move back and take care of her after the 2nd husband died, I have had a total of 6 years to myself of freedom and I am in my late 40s.

And I haven't done my share?  I better not see my sister for a while because I'm trying real hard to keep it in perspective that she was stressed and venting to what she thought was a safe place but I'm kind of needing a break from everyone's selfishness right now. As soon as as my sister moves into the house and does what I've done for the next 16 years of her life (I'm going to give her a pass on the childhood and teen years after the divorce), we'll be even.         

PS:  You ask such great, thoughtful questions.  Thank you.  Love it in case I've missed something while I'm planning big life changes.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

Ono!🚨

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

How do you know about financially fit. Have you seen the paper work? Or were you just told?

Honored Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  I really hope when you are going through a trying time in your own life, someone is kinder to you than this.  And this response is a first rate example of the maturity which you seem to think is missing.  I agree it is missing but not on this end.      

It might be cruel to say that, but standing up for yourself is something you have to learn to do.  Nobody can do it for you.  You have to decide for yourself where boundaries are, and this experience is giving you a chance to decide that for yourself.  Each of us has to decide what we will put up with from others, what affects our life and our happiness, and how much we are willing to sacrifice of that for others--and many will take advantage and push you as far as they can.

It's a valid question I think.  Where DO you say NO?