Super Contributor

Need Help. Sinus pain and drainage.

What works the fastest? I am suffering with chills, drainage, coughing, and head pain. Thanks.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Help. Sinus pain and drainage.

You may have a respiratory and/or sinus infection. You probably need to see a doctor as you may need antibiotics if it's an infection.

In the meantime, take Tylenol (if you can), drink liquids continually.

Hope you feel better soon.

Super Contributor

Thank You for Caring!
Trusted Contributor

I agree with DARING, see a doctor ~ stay hydrated and rest!
Honored Contributor

MY DH is taking RX Zithromax now for same thing.

Honored Contributor

My go-to is a salt solution made with Nell-Med packet and distilled water mixed in their sinus rinse bottle. It clears the nasal passages and soothes them before they can become infected. If done enough, it will prevent an infection for me now.

Can you breathe in steam or soak in a hot bath? Cold/hot packs on the sinuses can soothe. I'd have to agree, it is so miserable, but stay after it and stay after the MD to get you cleared up.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Your doctor will probably prescribe antibiotics and a painkiller (mine did). Whatever she gave me, it worked fantastically well, and quickly.

I discovered, after a few years of constantly recurring sinusitis, that I needed a root canal. The dental work totally cleared up the sinus problem. The doctor never looked at my teeth, and I never told my dentist about the sinusitis, since it always happened well between visits, so no one made the connection.

Honored Contributor

Please, see a doctor as soon as possible to determine if it's a viral or bacterial infection -- antibiotics aren't indicated for viral infections and are dangerously overused. Also, if you have a trusted pharmacist, they often can give you great advice.

I hope you feel better quickly, Didiville.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I so appreciate everyone's reply! Thank You!
Esteemed Contributor

The majority of sinus infections are bacterial. See a doctor to determine proper diagnosis. If you have a sinus infection, you will probably need an antibioic and perhaps a cortico-steroid drug to alleviate inflammation. If it's not too severe, you may get Zithromax and a Medrol pack.