Esteemed Contributor

Marie is showing her product right now, it's tempting me!

Honored Contributor

It's tempting me to and use free weights. LOL

She's a good saleswoman.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

re Marie's showing her arms

It might have to do with being Mormon as they do have dress rules. She may be very old school from her mother's teachings and honor her mother's wishes.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

If you look at DWTS images, even when she has a halter top on, she had nude sleeves with sparklies.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

..whether it "works" or not is totally subject. It depends on how each individual defines "works". I do own a similar similar item that a nutritionist recommended when I was on a weight loss program. There are all kinds of resistance bands out there and they probably achieve some results if you use them properly and consistently and have goal. And most of us buy these things don't do any of that. The instructions are vague or totally missing, we don't really know what we want from them or what is realistically possible. I did use mine for a while and since I was losing weight and staying firm, I would have told anyone that they "worked". And then I stopped using them but I continued dieting and losing weight and I still firmed up. So. I don't think that resistance gizmo I paid $50 or $60 dollars for was doing much, or anything for me. They can't hurt anyone, they are relatively inexpensive. It's worth taking a chance on. It's not like spending $900 on exersize equipment that ends up being an expensive clothes rack. Yeah....I did that too....lol

Valued Contributor

I think for people who don't like big exercise equipment this or Tony Little's serves a need. While I do cardio workouts I have never liked resistance training. We have a Total Gym which my husband loves. I don't like changing pieces on it or lying down on that bench. So for me this piece of equipment is a good buy. If you're a gym rat or enjoy large pieces of equipment then it's probably not for you. For me, I LOVE it.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/10/2015 Chrystaltree said:

..whether it "works" or not is totally subject. It depends on how each individual defines "works". I do own a similar similar item that a nutritionist recommended when I was on a weight loss program. There are all kinds of resistance bands out there and they probably achieve some results if you use them properly and consistently and have goal. And most of us buy these things don't do any of that. The instructions are vague or totally missing, we don't really know what we want from them or what is realistically possible. I did use mine for a while and since I was losing weight and staying firm, I would have told anyone that they "worked". And then I stopped using them but I continued dieting and losing weight and I still firmed up. So. I don't think that resistance gizmo I paid $50 or $60 dollars for was doing much, or anything for me. They can't hurt anyone, they are relatively inexpensive. It's worth taking a chance on. It's not like spending $900 on exersize equipment that ends up being an expensive clothes rack. Yeah....I did that too....lol

Consistent is the key!

I like that Marie's has exercises printed on the bar- you don't have to pop in a dvd, ti's right there. Way back when Greer Childers version did also. I think Tony's is sold out now.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought it and keep it in my family room. I use it, but not as much as I should. I did not put the stickers on the handles because I think they will peel off with regular use. I watch her presentations for more ideas on how to use it. I think it is a great product. I like Marie. She is sincere and just wants to help women. She has a great laugh and attitude.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I jsut looked at the video for Tony's easy shaper- it looks much sturdier than Marie's bodybar! His is made of steel, hers looks like plastic. Plus I liked the way his bar is curved for exercises where you're reaching behind your neck. I have to think about this now!!

Respected Contributor
On 4/10/2015 ibb38 said:

I jsut looked at the video for Tony's easy shaper- it looks much sturdier than Marie's bodybar! His is made of steel, hers looks like plastic. Plus I liked the way his bar is curved for exercises where you're reaching behind your neck. I have to think about this now!!

Unfortunately, Tony Little's shaper is SOLD OUT. I think this is the better deal and it looks like it is better made. I've been checking every so often since early January for it to come back in stock.