Trusted Contributor

Re: Lessman - What Did You Get?

I am new to these supplements and so any comments on the following would be appreciated.

I purchased glucosamine chondroitin last visit and saw an improvement in just 24 hours in my bum knee.  So this visit I bought the largest size.  Wondering if anyone knows when he usually offers this as a TS and amount and pricing information?

I bought turmeric as this goes well, per Andrew, with the above.  It is, however, on waitlist.  Won't ship for about a month.  Looking forward to it. 

I bought HHSN to last until the TS in July.  Hoping to see a difference to know whether or not to order in July.

Fat and Metabolism Factors

Valerian.  Can anyone comment on this?  I went back and forth on this and Night Time.  I usually sleep just four hours a night.  I've been up since 1:30 this morning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@z-del Traveler

Had no idea if post reached you. Somehow the letters were small then larger?

NAES

@NAES1 Not a problem at all. If ever I don't respond by another post back to you or a "heart," that means I'm traveling. Have a six-week trip this summer, so that would be one of the times I might not respond. Smiley Happy

@z-del Traveler,

Hello Woman Happy

" I believe I have read each post in replies, and definitely will be and stay in touch during your intervals when not traveling ".

Also, I can do a short summary of my\ our geography: some was business, many were vacation, a variety was the opportunity to learn medical from other countries. 

Traveling is exhausting, but it takes time to learn skill tactics to cooperate with body and time changes. 

HAhaaaa, to explain Jet Lagged effects is totally impossible if that ` person has Never flown `....   AND! This is always a hoot with me: going to one coast to the next is not Jet Leg in its truest sense- No way- No howwwwwwww!

Being in 13 countries within 6 days......now I can relate.

Thank you World Traveler for coming on. You certainly sound like one very interesting person.

All my best~  Back with you soon: ref: the countries, et cetra

Woman Happy NAES

@NAES1 We need a travel forum, right? ha! 

You're right about the jet lag thing. I agree...coast to coast does NOT qualify in any way.

I don't sleep well on planes because of people getting up and down, bumping into you, pilot going on speaker right when you fall asleep, change of time, etc.

The longest flight I ever had was from South Africa to the States. It was 17 hours without being able to get off the plane. We stopped for a one-hour refueling in West Africa (after about 8 hours of flying), but were not allowed to disembark. Grrrrr!  We were one bunch of grumpy people by the time we got out of that plane! ha! It is inhumane to have people packed in like sardines for that length of time!

~℅  World Traveler,

HaHAaaa, so we both know a ggenuine grumpy person or the entire family of Airbus  p e o p l e, so IT seems! OH YES!

WT, my longest flight was from Australia to Beijing.... honesty I know I was crossed eyed to say the least. We had to land Xs 2 to refuel, though.

But from the coastline, then to LAX to Hawaii, then on to Syndey, Australia was just under 22 hours.

I met my husband there ( daylight) and was so disorientated, I could not eat my self{ feeding self}. My husband and a business associate had driven me to our hotel and I, for the 1st time could NOT aim the fork to my mouth...straight into my hair on the right side. Now,,,,, that's complete collapse! What happened was I had no sleep for over 48+ hours, including the lost sleep preparing for trip and not sleeping for fear I would miss Taxi to airport at around 3am, from our home.

If any traveler can not sleep, one in a world of hurt, which ..mmmh, sometimes would be me...

My husband can sleep as soon as the engines start up, but he has had much more experience flying than I, so...he teaches me or tried. Fortunate enough to fly 1st class, we can choose wine which makes me I'll, so I really have (had) to learn to displine my mind or be so tired from connections you are zonked.

Another trip was to England, Belgium, then back to Hong Kong...that was a doozy fun trip. I was in one of the duty free shops and did not hear my page calling me, so we missed that ONE altogether: had to wait 6 hours for the next flight out.

What was horrible was the flights did not take off because of our luggage on board, so that delayed over 50 minutes until they found all pieces! Did I ever get some snarly looks, even my love of life had to be by himself for hours, but in the end everything turned out as planned. 

From that time on I definitely learned to travel light, having 3 main outfits and two pair of shoes. I wore long dress attire so not to fool around with hose or lost shoes. 

On one flight we were overbooked, so in order to make time appointment, we flew coach. That was coming back from Japan and the SMELLS of body O drs made me gag! The food comes through the pores and add on 200+ and that's a recipe for instant nausea.

Interesting stuff, you must agree. 

I once heard someone, here, say ` oh that trip to Myrtle Beach set me back days being normal again. That had to have been my laugh for that day!

I want to hear more about your pending tentatively scheduled trip over soon. 

Remember you can ask your doc for something: he\ she must know jet lag.

Valerian? I hope it works for you, but makes me dizzy. I opt out for snoozing or wide awake ...reading. 

It's been Fun~

NAES

Question?  I will try or better yet let's ask either my husband or other traveling family members around here. Deal? Okay,,,,,,,,Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@z-del Traveler,

^^^^^^^Above^^^^^^

Forgot the @ to sender

It happens for me quite Often!

NAES.      Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

I am new to these supplements and so any comments on the following would be appreciated.

I purchased glucosamine chondroitin last visit and saw an improvement in just 24 hours in my bum knee.  So this visit I bought the largest size.  Wondering if anyone knows when he usually offers this as a TS and amount and pricing information?

I bought turmeric as this goes well, per Andrew, with the above.  It is, however, on waitlist.  Won't ship for about a month.  Looking forward to it. 

I bought HHSN to last until the TS in July.  Hoping to see a difference to know whether or not to order in July.

Fat and Metabolism Factors

Valerian.  Can anyone comment on this?  I went back and forth on this and Night Time.  I usually sleep just four hours a night.  I've been up since 1:30 this morning. 

@Shaunac

I take his Maximum Joint Effort vs Glucosamine and Chondroitin as it has MSM in it.  This works better for me.  I also take Ginger + Turmeric with it (vs just Turmeric).  I think he just has a TS on the glucosamine.

Energy &Fat us a favorite if mine.  I like it for long days at work. I think it helps me be more alert. Can't say it does anything for fat loss.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@z-del Traveler,

^^^^^^^Above^^^^^^

@Forgot the @ to sender

@NAES1 LOL! What a hoot to read your post prior to this one of yours. The Myrtle Beach reference is priceless. If they only REALLY knew what jet lag is like! 

You have definitely had some adventures and I can identify fully with you trying to catch flights, not sleeping for fear of missing the car to get you to the airport, etc. All just part of traveling, right?

I've traveled to around 50 countries, so (as you know) you just learn to adapt, be flexible, and go with the flow. You figure out soon enough that rarely do plans go as scheduled, and your biggest concern is that your luggage didn't zag to one country while your body zigged to another country.

Traveling light is the key. I did two weeks in Russia with just a 22-inch carry-on. Also to Iceland and Greenland with the same carry-on. Layer, layer, layer. All other countries have been with a carry-on AND small checked-in luggage.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I take his Maximum Joint Effort vs Glucosamine and Chondroitin as it has MSM in it.  This works better for me.  I also take Ginger + Turmeric with it (vs just Turmeric).  I think he just has a TS on the glucosamine.

Energy &Fat us a favorite if mine.  I like it for long days at work. I think it helps me be more alert. Can't say it does anything for fat loss.

@VaBelle35 Did you notice positive results soon after going with MJE?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@VaBelle35 Did you notice positive results soon after going with MJE?

Yes. His regular glucosamine and Chondroitin had no effect on me so i switched to that one.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@z-del Traveler,

^^^^^^^Above^^^^^^

@Forgot the @ to sender

@NAES1 LOL! What a hoot to read your post prior to this one of yours. The Myrtle Beach reference is priceless. If they only REALLY knew what jet lag is like! 

You have definitely had some adventures and I can identify fully with you trying to catch flights, not sleeping for fear of missing the car to get you to the airport, etc. All just part of traveling, right?

I've traveled to around 50 countries, so (as you know) you just learn to adapt, be flexible, and go with the flow. You figure out soon enough that rarely do plans go as scheduled, and your biggest concern is that your luggage didn't zag to one country while your body zigged to another country.

Traveling light is the key. I did two weeks in Russia with just a 22-inch carry-on. Also to Iceland and Greenland with the same carry-on. Layer, layer, layer. All other countries have been with a carry-on AND small checked-in luggage.

@z-del Traveler

Loved your post!

But never forget the make up carry on!

Wanted you to know I will be back....also, walking the Great Wall so far out and gasping for energy to make it back without stumbling on my face.

If you EVER get a chance, do not pass up dining adjacent to the Beautiful Australian Syndey Opera House or touring Albert Hall.

" sending hugs" Heart   NAES!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I got PQQ. Have not tried it before.

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@z-del Traveler,

^^^^^^^Above^^^^^^

@Forgot the @ to sender

@z-del Traveler

Loved your post!

But never forget the make up carry on!

Wanted you to know I will be back....also, walking the Great Wall so far out and gasping for energy to make it back without stumbling on my face.

If you EVER get a chance, do not pass up dining adjacent to the Beautiful Australian Syndey Opera House or touring Albert Hall.

" sending hugs" Heart   NAES!!!!!!!!!

@NAES1

I'm going to start a different thread so the Lessman people don't have to be bored with our travel talk. Smiley Happy

If you want to continue the travel discussion, please do so. But don't feel like you have to. Just find it so interesting to compare notes with you.