Contributor
I also have IBS. I drink fennel tea. Believe it or not fennel tea will stop the cramping faster than any medicine my Gastro has prescribed for me. Check out the website Heathers help for IBS. There is a lot of good information there for people living with IBS. City
Frequent Contributor

I AM NOT IGNORING THEIR ADVICE. I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN UP THE MILK PRODUCTS. I WAS JUST ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT WHAT KIND OF TEA TO DRINK.

Super Contributor

Whatever you select for tea, do not choose Senna Wink

My suggestion is Yerba Mate tea. No need for sugar or creamer. You will get the caffeine kick but it is a smooth buzz. Yerba also helps rev the metabolism.

Super Contributor
I have been having a herbal tea. Used to love drinking a jasmine green tea but stopped because there was a study that said it could interfere with beta blockers, which I take. But it is so good for you and I would love drinking it. I have a lemon ginger herbal I use as well.
Super Contributor
On 7/7/2014 Citychic said: I also have IBS. I drink fennel tea. Believe it or not fennel tea will stop the cramping faster than any medicine my Gastro has prescribed for me. Check out the website Heathers help for IBS. There is a lot of good information there for people living with IBS. City

Do you make your own fennel tea or buy it? If you make it, what is your recipe?

Respected Contributor

I had to.give up coffee for similar reasons.

I drink a good strong English breakfast tea. My brand is Choice Tea, which is organic and Fair Trade.

It took a while to get used to it, but feeling better has been a motivator.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor
On 7/7/2014 natesgrandma said:

coffee mate

It could very well be the Coffeemate. It happened to me a few years ago and I had to stop using the artificial creamers of all kinds and brands. I only use a little skim milk now. Same thing occurred with one of my friends. It was the Coffeemate for her as well.
Super Contributor
Here is a link about herbal teas for IBS...sorry with my iPad I can't post a working link. So, please copy and paste! http://irritablebowelsyndromeguide.com/4-types-of-teas-for-irritable-bowel-syndrome/ Ginger tea is also good for the digestive tract...really good for nausea. I also saw fennel tea bags online. I wonder if eating fennel would help?
Respected Contributor

I had to give up Coffeemate too for the same reason

I now use Vanilla Almond Milk & Stevia, I like sweet coffee and this does the trick!!

Also, Try taking Probiotics morning and night and hour before or after your meal.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much to everyone. I will go tea shopping today.